Sign in to follow this  

Seat Concepts pics.

On Their site they list the following options.

Carbon / GripperEmbossedAll CarbonStandard Black VinylSuede (+$100.00)

How do i know what to get,  what does everyone on here usually get?  pics would be great,  im surprised they dont have pics on the site to show all the different fabrics/finishes/looks.

I also heard that they have different foam densities?  is this true?

Just want to make sure i am gonna order the right thing,  dont want o make a mistake,  thanks... M8'tes.

• Like 1

I did the black gripper low version, so i cant say about the foam, but its definitely a step up from stock.

The fabric on top is like a "vinyl 60 grit sandpaper", not that you cant move around, but I think it would be better than just regular vinyl.

sorry, the one i have is the only one i've seen, but im happy with it. 

• Like 1

On Their site they list the following options.

Carbon / GripperEmbossedAll CarbonStandard Black VinylSuede (+$100.00)

How do i know what to get, what does everyone on here usually get? pics would be great, im surprised they dont have pics on the site to show all the different fabrics/finishes/looks.

I also heard that they have different foam densities? is this true?

Just want to make sure i am gonna order the right thing, dont want o make a mistake, thanks... M8'tes.

I can't say anything about the seat concepts seats , but I love that gripper seat cover I got from Enjoy mfg. I want one for all fifty of my seats. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk mobile app

• Like 4

I started off with the standard seat, all carbon:

drz400_65.jpg

Shortly after that, I really missed the lower seat despite being 6'3", so I opted for a low seat, carbon sides, gripper top:

drzlowseat1.jpg

Grabbed a close up of the carbon / gripper for you:

gripper.jpg

The all carbon one was really slippery, made it tough to stay still on the seat really. The gripper top has been great. It's more of a "rubber" which really holds you in place. I would definitely get the gripper top.

As for the foam densities, you'll have to call seat concepts, and then you can request soft, normal, or firm. Most of the other places only carry the standard stuff. My first seat was from Seat Concepts directly, the second came from Wheeling Cycle Supply.

• Like 5

Carbon sides gripper top is awesome. Definitely better than the stock plank of wood...

Edited by madchild
  • Like 2

I started off with the standard seat, all carbon:

drz400_65.jpg

Shortly after that, I really missed the lower seat despite being 6'3", so I opted for a low seat, carbon sides, gripper top:

drzlowseat1.jpg

Grabbed a close up of the carbon / gripper for you:

gripper.jpg

The all carbon one was really slippery, made it tough to stay still on the seat really. The gripper top has been great. It's more of a "rubber" which really holds you in place. I would definitely get the gripper top.

As for the foam densities, you'll have to call seat concepts, and then you can request soft, normal, or firm. Most of the other places only carry the standard stuff. My first seat was from Seat Concepts directly, the second came from Wheeling Cycle Supply.

damn, i really need to drop the $ and get one of those, it looks amazing.

also, sweet looking bike man!  hot damn!

Ron,

Mine was the low version2 with Carbon sides, gripper top. Red stitching. It was their complete seat, not just the foam and cover. I liked it but ended up selling it. I still like my SDG step seat and ride it everyday.

Dan

015_zpsa07fdd6f.jpg

016_zps44d1b476.jpg

020_zps72d5a71b.jpg

Oh and I had them put their circle  tag on instead of the side tag.

• Like 2

Fine fine. I took some pictures of my seat.
20140504_213716_zpse2iudyfa.jpg

20140504_213659_zpsnqgvoow7.jpg

20140504_213655_zpscn91qefk.jpg

Edited by Stuwy123
  • Like 1

Sideways 1: your seat was my inspiration to use the blue circle tag. Looks awesome with the circle tag.

• Like 2

See if you can pick the real work of art in this photo (lucky my wife dosen't read TT!!!).

seat2.jpg

A recent purchase from Craigo and I'm not going back. I used to start getting a sore back after about one hour of riding - 2 hours yesterday without a peep from my back.

• Like 2

See if you can pick the real work of art in this photo (lucky my wife dosen't read TT!!!).

attachicon.gifseat2.jpg

A recent purchase from Craigo and I'm not going back. I used to start getting a sore back after about one hour of riding - 2 hours yesterday without a peep from my back.

Great stuff Mate.. :thumbsup: .....I am glad it's serving you well.......

• Like 1

Sideways 1: your seat was my inspiration to use the blue circle tag. Looks awesome with the circle tag.

LOL - Different strokes for different folks. I looked at that and thought "WTH would someone mess up that nice look with a blue tag on top?" ;)

• Like 1

I did the black gripper low version, so i cant say about the foam, but its definitely a step up from stock.

The fabric on top is like a "vinyl 60 grit sandpaper", not that you cant move around, but I think it would be better than just regular vinyl.

sorry, the one i have is the only one i've seen, but im happy with it. 

Pics por favor

Carbon sides gripper top is awesome. Definitely better than the stock plank of wood...

I hear good things,  got any pics?

i got full carbon seat concepts

Definately want to see a full carbon,  as everyone pretty much is suggesting the gripper top carbon side set up,  pics if you can.

20131014_124209_zps66173a4f.jpg

Is that a gripper top,  carbon sides set up?

I also did black gripper carbon sides. Love it.

Like Craigo says,  pics or you ride with a KLR650 seat on...

LOL - Different strokes for different folks. I looked at that and thought "WTH would someone mess up that nice look with a blue tag on top?" ;)

I kinda like the tag,  i also like the all clean black look,  am 50/50 on this on,  

• Like 1

Ron,

Mine was the low version2 with Carbon sides, gripper top. Red stitching. It was their complete seat, not just the foam and cover. I liked it but ended up selling it. I still like my SDG step seat and ride it everyday.

Dan

015_zpsa07fdd6f.jpg

016_zps44d1b476.jpg

020_zps72d5a71b.jpg

Oh and I had them put their circle  tag on instead of the side tag.

I remember seeing that for sale on DRZ forums,  was really thinking about picking it up,  since it was like new and the price was great,   if only twas a standard height.

So do you prefer the SDG step seat over the seat concepts?

What is the reasoning behind the STEP feature in the SDG?