Sign in to follow this  

crf450x forks?

i have a brand new set of crf450x forks sitting around i belive there off an 08. would they just swap out? i think that will save me some money instead of sending the stock ones in to a suspension shop.

• Like 1

I doubt it, there probably to big for the tripples, and then youd probably run into some trouble mounting up the 250L front wheel.  If you already have the forks it shouldnt take more than 10 mins to put them next to the CRFL and get your answer thou.

I do know that the forks are different diameters, so it is not a direct swap. However I do not know the exact dimensions.

There is a thread somewhere in this forum that discussed all the specifics.

unless you've got the CRF-R/X triple clamps and wheel, it won't be easy. 
different hubs. different brake caliper. 
with CRF-R/X wheel and caliper, you get the conversion bearings, and you can do it. 
some of the dimensions are on Rick Ramsey's blog. if you want to find that, google or search this forum. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know what are the last fork tubes that will slide right in to our triple clamps, last year and model made? Gotta keep the triple clamps so all the other stuff attaches, or be able to modify the new triples.

Or, how about the regular old style fork tubes, what year would slide in to be retro, before they changed over those forks were still very good!

Just be interesting to try!

unless you've got the CRF-R/X triple clamps and wheel, it won't be easy. 

different hubs. different brake caliper. 

with CRF-R/X wheel and caliper, you get the conversion bearings, and you can do it. 

some of the dimensions are on Rick Ramsey's blog. if you want to find that, google or search this forum. 

I am sorry for such a vague comment as I was mobile at the time ..... 

Cat is correct in that you would want the complete 450 setup including the wheel caliper and triple clamp etc .... there is a bearing chart that would allow you to just swap out the right sized bearings matched up from the chart. Then you would still need to figure out how to mount your fairing  and instrument cluster etc .... it would be a lot of work but not beyond the realm of possibilities if you are so motivated .... the easy way out is to just spend 300 bucks on Race Tech ...  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

They are the same overall length, but have 12" of travel.  Travel would need to be limited due to ground clearance reasons.

• Like 1

Again, any 43mm fork tubes that will slide right in? How many years back do we gotta go? And I would die for 12" of travel!

Again, any 43mm fork tubes that will slide right in? How many years back do we gotta go? And I would die for 12" of travel!

The 43mm part doesn't matter.  It's the tube size for the triples that counts or the stem if you do a complete swap.

The problem is both the CRF R's and X's use the same overall length fork I believe.  You have around 10" of ground clearance so you would need to reduce the fork travel to use them.

• Like 3

I want fork tubes that will slide right in to my triple clamps. Will worry  about any other problems! So, who has a set of forks???yeah, right, no one has!