Sign in to follow this  

Yz125 No power!?

Hi i got a yz125 2002 i bought a month ago and it barely has no power in low rpm example (when you let the clutch out in first gear) and if u give it full throttle after u let the clutch out in first gear it takes 3-4 seconds to get any power! Its very annoying and its my first 2 stroke dirtbike so i dont know if a 2 stroke should be like this and it doesnt have very much power when it hits the powerband aswell, the front end dont go up very easy in 2nd and 3rd gear (it has 5 gears)

I have no clue what can be the problem. It's also dripping unburnt oil from exhaust, i changed spark plug and the old one had a brown colour so i dont think it's the jetting! I removed the reeds and took a look on them and i if i looked inside the reeds i could see a little bit of light as you do if they dont close right but it was not much!! could this little slit be the problem?   

Overall it starts first or second kick and i am sorry about my english! I appreciate any replies!

Edited by jantte12

I have very similar issue cleaned carb, checked reeds running 32:1 amsoil dominator ran great for 10 plus races and all of a sudden this issue 

Check the compression, pull the pipe and look through the ports at the piston and cylinder walls. Check that your powervalves are free. Check the filter box, make sure no dirt is getting past, and in to the engine. It is a 125 the power is going to be pretty high in the rpm's...

Two strokes 125s don't like to be babies it's a full throttle and go kinda bike it likes to stay up in the rpms where the power is. It will just put around in the lower rpms but the tops of every gear will get you going for sure just push the bike and see what it has to offer. Since you just got it..

Yz125

Kx250f

I ride it pretty good and hit the powerband in all gears but what annoys me is the very little power it has in low rpm but i guess thats how the 125s are like. I just have to practice on my take off / holeshot!

you have no compression mostlikely key too a strong bike they wear very fast

a 125 should pull the wheel off the ground

Edited by anthonystempak