Sign in to follow this  

high speed crash bent bar..

so i bought a new renthal fatbar for my bike because the old one was a liittle bit bent . i rode 40 min on it and lost the back tire on top of whoops and crashed hard. bent the bar cracked the clutch lever and perk. 
im kinda bummed out on this. is it possible to bend it back?

Not really safe, but I usually send my dad into work with my bars. We live in the country and he works on Montreal. He walks to the street at lunch with my bars and goes at it with a manhole cover. Everytime you bend it you are weakening your bars though.

Make sure it just hasn't moved the forks in the clamps or twisted the post mounts under the bars. Just by some pro tapers

• Like 2

Not safe at all. They will probably crack when you try to bend them back. Were they the stock fatbars? If so I have 2 brand new take off sets with brand new Renthal grips. I'll hook you up with a sweet deal if you need a set.

• Like 1

Not safe at all. They will probably crack when you try to bend them back. Were they the stock fatbars? If so I have 2 brand new take off sets with brand new Renthal grips. I'll hook you up with a sweet deal if you need a set.

fixed it. it was the clamps holding on to the bars that was twisted somehow. so the bars wasnt actually bent at all!