Sign in to follow this  

2013 300 XCW shock spring rubs inner housing

I noticed that my spring is rubbing the inner housing. I have a stiffer spring than the stock 1 but it measures the same inner diameter and length as the stock 1. While playing around with it I noticed it has a lot of room to slide around. There is no mechanism to keep it centered. I also noticed the o ring on the bottom had squirted out a little and the flat washer was a little bent up into the space where the spring makes no contact. Possibly from bottoming out? Is anyone else having a similar thing going on? Is it something I should worry about or pretty normal?

1399246130256.jpg

1399246143511.jpg

1399246189917.jpg

Edited by Fat Tony

ive seen that happen before on a ohlins shock with a locater ring on the top and bottom. cant explain why it happened. maybe the adjustment nuts got loose and someone kept riding it like that ? if it didnt rub with the factory shock but does with the factory connection that i would assume somethings amiss with the new spring

Update: talked to the guy I bought the spring from, I sent him the above pics, he forwarded them to factory connection, and they are sending me a new spring. It has been over a year since I bought it. I am surprised and impressed. I assumed with the amount of time that went by that they would not have responded that way.