Sign in to follow this  

New Drz Owner Looking for Mechanical Advice

Today when I was headed out for a ride I started the bike with the choke on and everything seemed fine. That was until i turned the choke off and put it in gear, it just died. It would also die if it was in neutral and given any bit of throttle. So after some reading on here, I drained the float bowl and gave it fresh gas. After a couple of start ups it stayed running and I took it around the block a few times and everything seems fine now.

So my question is should I just leave it at that and assume everything good now or is there anything else I should check? I should also add that the bike feels a little choppy at low rpms but its nothing to complain about, and its a completely stock 2014 with around 30 miles on it.

Thanks in advanced.

draining the float bowl every now and then is routine maintence to me, especially if its been washed or driven in the rain .. the choppy/sticky feeling throttle was the way mine felt stock and i rode it like that for a long time .. do the 3X3 mod and while youre at it lube up and make sure the cables are adjusted properly and it will be a whole new animal with much better feeling throttle ..

I have been running the Amsoil Quickshot every few tanks to keep my DRZ happy, we have ethanol in out fuel and the Quickshot helps keep it from killing my carb.