Sign in to follow this  

off camber dismount - techniques fro getting back on in going

curious on what one does when riding an off camber trial -- n you fall   beside the obvious DON'T fall off 

today -- this happened to me in HS -- i picked bike up only for me to loose it the other direction - needless to say I managed to get to bottom tried mounting up and riding it back up -- one of the trail helpers came by assisted and got me going again -- needless to say I took the wind from sails -- and i was shot for the rest of the race -- which for me ended up being an 1.5 hr trail ride - which ended up with bruised ego- sore arms - and melted pants ( which pisses me off ) because I was cautious when picking up the bike -- 

Edited by onekawboy

If one tipover ruined your race...you need better conditioning. Generally, if I drop it on an off camber hill...I don't get in a big hurry. I pick the bike up, step around to the uphill side & kick, even if I have to kick with my left leg. I have found scrambling around, with a big adrenaline rush just adds more fatigue in certain situations...especially if a particular skillset doesn't allow for calmly riding out of a jam. For me calmly recovering my bike and just getting going is less fatiguing, and I usually regain lost ground quicker. I hope this helps.

• Like 1

well first race of season - and I'll admitt I'm not that conditioned as I want / should be / but better than others --- adrenaline was there of course - 

Long delay prior to start -- could have been used to eat a little bit prior to the race 

thanks --- 

well first race of season - and I'll admitt I'm not that conditioned as I want / should be / but better than others --- adrenaline was there of course -

Long delay prior to start -- could have been used to eat a little bit prior to the race

thanks ---

Being nervous & jittery is great way to expend energy, also causing fatigue. Don't sweat it. If you're new to racing, that should go away with more experience. I get really nervous before each start. After the start, I relax, settle in, & tend to business.

thanks -- part of my problem right there -- this one race was to begin at 10 -- i was still in sign up line at 9:50 -- they wee pushing to get people through 

I rushed to myself ready only then to so sit on line with 22 others waiting for our race to begin --

thanks or this info.