Sign in to follow this  

300 exc handling dramas

Hi guys need help and opinions. I have a 2014 300 exc and im an average rider only, but I seem to have no confidence especially on sandy burms. I went to a local mx track yesterday with some mates and every sandy burm the front end felt like if it didn't digging in and id either come off or it would be close. It just feels twitchy since ive owned it. Recently I put on a steering damper and yesterday possibly half the problem was I had the setting on 8, where maybe I should have backed it off. Any thuoghts would be great.

I'm an average trail rider and I had a similar experience when I got my used 08 excr. It had the original shittty tires and more importantly the suspension was waaaay off (new rear spring). It would feel like turning on a wet icy road, and I had a few hard low sides. I took it to a local guy who got it a lot better.

So get a different front tire and more important get your suspension tuned for you.

Im not that bad a rider, a couple of guys have also riden it and found it the same.

I have just heard people saying the exc models were a little on the twitchy side.

Id drop your tire pressure to around 10psi first off. 13 is pretty high unless your doing huge jumps.

• Like 1

Sag properly set? Front end dialed for what kinda riding you do? Front tires can mak night n day difference. KTMs and not the best moto bikes BTW..Guys can ride em on the track but juz sayin.

• Like 1