Sign in to follow this  

2009 kx250f trouble! Please help.

Hey guys, i need some help. I have a 2009 kx250f. Its not the monster edition, but that doesn't matter. Reguarding the subject, my bike has a definite problem, but i just dont really know where to begin. So tell me if it sounds like a valve or a jetting problem. I bought it about 10 months ago used. The first 2 months were great. The bike ran good, and rode without any bogging or backfiring on deceleration. But after about the 2nd or 3rd month, it started acting up and popping on deceleration. It did that for a few months and now it has gotten to the point where it cuts out and and sputters when i give it low to mid throttle. If it is full throttle, it runs perfect. Sometimes from a stop, if i try to take off slow, the bike will stall and it will start back up with just one kick. Other times, it won't start at all and ill have to have a buddy push start me. The other day i was riding for about 30 minutes straight and the bike was acting up most of the time and it was feeling hotter than normal on my legs. So i looked down and coolant was pouring out of the overflow tube. I let it cool down and rode it straight home and i haven't started it since. So if anyone has any ideas or has had the same problem and fixed it, please let me know. I just need to know if i need a valve adjustment or different jetting. Thanks.

Sound like you could have a few problems my friend.

I would start by

Fresh fuel

Fresh spark plug

Clean/oil filter

Clean carb

And check valve clearances

If the bike was running good before, your jetting should be good. You may need to adjust your fuel/air screw but I wouldn't touch that I till you have done the things listed above

And the overheating, you were most likely just riding too slow

Edited by Bazuka Joe

Sounds like the carb is dirty so the jets are blocking up.

Start by getting the carb cleaned properly