Sign in to follow this  

Acerbis 3 gal gas tank

Do a search yes a few members have them just not me --I'm waiting for a 4 gallon tank myself  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Do a search yes a few members have them just not me --I'm waiting for a 4 gallon tank myself  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have not seen an Acerbis on a CRF250L  yet .... Just the IMS. I am looking forward to seeing what they put out tho ...  

I stand corrected sorry--I'm hopeing to live long enough to see a 4 gallon-- :rant: :rant: :rant:

• Like 2

I stand corrected sorry--I'm hopeing to live long enough to see a 4 gallon-- :rant: :rant: :rant:

I was not correcting you ... I just have not seen one yet is all ....  

I for one do not understand why a 2 gal tank is okay from the manufacturer ... I get gas at every 80 miles just for peace of mind and that is just silly ... I mean I do not ride that much but it seems like every other time I start the bike I need to head to the gas station... :facepalm: 

Every vehicle should have a minimum of 200 mile range in my opinion regardless of tank size... :prof:  

• Like 2

I for one do not understand why a 2 gal tank is okay from the manufacturer ... I get gas at every 80 miles just for peace of mind and that is just silly ... I mean I do not ride that much but it seems like every other time I start the bike I need to head to the gas station... :facepalm:

Every vehicle should have a minimum of 200 mile range in my opinion regardless of tank size... :prof:  

I need correcting from time to time--heck i made a mistake once but i divorced her so it dosent count right???? :devil:

• Like 3

Same here, Im waiting to see how the Acerbis compares to the IMS.  I cant imagine either one being much different thou?  Just wish they werent so damn expensive!

Gnath, I keep a 5 gallon can or two of gas in the garage so I can just top the bike off before every ride.  Going to the gas station to pump one gallon of gas is a PITA!  I also pack a Rotopax on the tail rack if I plan on really going anywhere.

• Like 3

Gnath, I keep a 5 gallon can or two of gas in the garage so I can just top the bike off before every ride.  Going to the gas station to pump one gallon of gas is a PITA! 

That's a good idea ... I have a can full of gas all the time in the garage and that has never once crossed my mind  ...  :facepalm:  .....  :lol:

I have a 285 gallon barrel here at the farm--does that count?? :ride: :ride: hurts to fill it tho :facepalm:

• Like 5

Haha yes Vet, that definitely counts, you just have a lot bigger gas can than the rest of us!

Gnath, yea, its a lot easier to just give the bike a quick top up at home rather than making a special trip to the station for a gallon or less of gas!  Plus I hate taking gloves off to get the card out at the pump!  Even if you make a special trip to fill your cans up, you can top the bike off quite a few times from a 5 gallon can!  I love how cheap this bike is to run!  Many of the times I ride it probably takes a gallon or less to fill it after a ride.  Even if I go for a long day ride its usually not real low when I get home because iv filled it from my Rotopax sometime during the ride.

• Like 3

You do realise they aren't even available yet?

Edited by Positron007
  • Like 1

They are available to order... The site i was looking at made no mention of pre order so I assumed they are out

Availble to order, just like the IMS tank. Hahahahaha

That one took over 6 months to arrive.

The rumours I here is end of May for Acerbis. It's not available. So no one will have it on their bike.

The rumours that IMS put out was "a couple of weeks" which changed to "at the end of the month". That turned into more than 6 months.

Edited by Positron007
  • Like 2

Too late. Ordered a 1.75g rotopax. Should do the trick for long journeys and keep the weight down for the half day rides :)

Not sure how the weight of 1.75g will be on the back but hopefully not to bad

Figure 6 pounds a gallon for gas----I picked the 2 gallon cause my box on the back is 18 inches long inside and the 2 gallon is 17 and 3/4 long plus that puts the opening up and lots of holes for my bunjies--i even used bunjies when i was mule packing into the local wilderness--Bunjie diamond hitch i called it--Old timers looked at it funny cause your suppose to use a long rope :facepalm::devil:

Yeah, buying gas every 80 miles is annoying. I'm used to sport bikes, where it's every 120 miles. I have an IMS tank, just haven't installed it yet. Hoping to get back to 120 miles before fill ups. Maybe this weekend I'll put it on.

• Like 2

I get 200 km!!!

• Like 1

We don't speak KM's here--why i for the life of me do not know--the whole world does cept us and Bornio :excuseme: We should joing the world with KM's and get out of the UN :usa:

• Like 1

We don't speak KM's here--why i for the life of me do not know--the whole world does cept us and Bornio :excuseme: We should joing the world with KM's and get out of the UN :usa:

We still do distances in good old Miles in the UK :thumbsup: ...........everything else has gone metric thou.

Talking of tank ranges, my commuter CG125 gets 300 miles to a tankful.

Edited by Horneteer
  • Like 1