Sign in to follow this  

2006 Honda CRF 450X Bogging and Starter Issues

Hello everyone I am new to Thumpertalk and I'm having some problems with my 2006 Honda CRF 450X and I'm needing some help.  It's been wanting to bog when I open the throttle. Bike idles just fine but I've owned this bike for roughly a year now and it has just started to do this here recently.  I have removed the carburetor to check it over about a week ago and it was also cleaned last year.  I have a new air filter on the way hoping it will help with the issue.  Also having trouble out of my starter.  At times It wants to click while other times when it cranks the motor over it will make a loud metal like slapping sound.  Sometimes I can go out and start it with one kick and other times too it seems like something is stuck, maybe the starter is causing the issue but I am not sure.  When this happens and I try and kick it over the bike will sometimes backfire and kickstarter comes up and about breaks my ankle off.  I am wondering if any of you guys have had the same problems that I've had with this specific model.  Any help would be much appreciated!!

Search the threads or the stickies and have a look at the jetting and accelerator pump mods. Lots of info and all the info you need.

Stop kicking the bike, there is a flaw in the crankcase around the kick starter and the case can crack. Again search the threads on this.

• Like 1