Sign in to follow this  

95 gas or 93 gas

I am interested in a 2014 ktm 300 xcw and I noticed that they need to run on 95 octane. Can you still use 93 octane pump gas? Or can you just get some octane booster? Or do you just need to find 95 octane pump gas?

Thanks for your feed back!

Whatever your local super grade is should be fine. If you can get ethanol free super that would be the best. There is no need to waste your money on race fuel or octane booster.

I use gasoline. You can get it at any gas station. Depending on your wallet size, you can run different octane. I run 87-91 octane. Worked for 9 years in my 300 mxc, 165 hrs in my dads RM250, and 75 hrs in my 200 EXC. don't trip if you can use 95 or 93 octane. All pump gas will work fine for a 300. Works fine for me. My 300 had the original piston when I changed it last month. Went 9 years on the original top end, using 87 octane gas, and the guy rode every weekend. The bike started first kick before I changed the piston. I know the guy very well. If he can get 9 years on a 2 stroke piston running 87 octane, that's good enough to prove that I can use pump gas. If it was a 4 stroke, it might be a bit different.