Sign in to follow this  

2001 yz 125 problem

hey guys i recently purchased a 2001 yz 125 as my first 2 stroke dirtbike. i was riding with my friends yesterday when i checked my tank and i was low on gas so i decided to goto the gas station and fill up. once my tank was full i mixed in my oil at 32:1 (bell ray mc1) while doing this i forgot to turn the fuel off and i took off and once i got around the corner my bike stalled so i got off and started checking it out and realized that the fuel line was blue from the oil! i rocked my bike back and forth for several minuets to mix the fuel/oil but my bike will now start but stall out as soon as i give it gas or after about 10 seconds. i dont know much about 2 strokes or dirtbikes in general but i think because the oil is more dense than the gas it sunk to the bottom and clogged things up! =(. help me please =) 

• Like 1

hey guys i recently purchased a 2001 yz 125 as my first 2 stroke dirtbike. i was riding with my friends yesterday when i checked my tank and i was low on gas so i decided to goto the gas station and fill up. once my tank was full i mixed in my oil at 32:1 (bell ray mc1) while doing this i forgot to turn the fuel off and i took off and once i got around the corner my bike stalled so i got off and started checking it out and realized that the fuel line was blue from the oil! i rocked my bike back and forth for several minuets to mix the fuel/oil but my bike will now start but stall out as soon as i give it gas or after about 10 seconds. i dont know much about 2 strokes or dirtbikes in general but i think because the oil is more dense than the gas it sunk to the bottom and clogged things up! =(. help me please =) 

Turn the fuel valve off and pull the fuel line off the carb and drain the whole tank into a clean gas jug. Then pull the bolt out of the bottom of the carb and let it drain completely also . reassemble , mix up fresh gas/premix refill the tank. then try it . I never mix in my tank because you do this or wash the bottom end bearings out .  :naughty:

If you're mechanically inclined, take the entire fuel system apart.  Here's what I would do; a), take the tank off, empty the gas, wash it in and out with hot water and soap, let it dry. B), take the carb off, take it all apart, clean it in fresh gas, put it back together. c) take off the reeds, clean that gently with warm water and soap. Blow out your fuel line (just run some fresh gas through it. d) put it all together, mix your gas and oil, then put it in the tank, run it and you should be fine.  Oh wait, change the plug too, what the hell or at least clean it with fresh gas and let dry for a while.  You should be ok.  Your carb is really the issue.  Don't be surprised when you find a lot of oil in that.  Here's what I do which might not apply.  I fill up the tank, then pour the desired oil, then drive to where I ride which is about 2-3 hours away.  In that time, the oil and gas mix and it's ready to rock. :devil:

• Like 1

If you're mechanically inclined, take the entire fuel system apart.  Here's what I would do; a), take the tank off, empty the gas, wash it in and out with hot water and soap, let it dry. B), take the carb off, take it all apart, clean it in fresh gas, put it back together. c) take off the reeds, clean that gently with warm water and soap. Blow out your fuel line (just run some fresh gas through it. d) put it all together, mix your gas and oil, then put it in the tank, run it and you should be fine.  Oh wait, change the plug too, what the hell or at least clean it with fresh gas and let dry for a while.  You should be ok.  Your carb is really the issue.  Don't be surprised when you find a lot of oil in that.  Here's what I do which might not apply.  I fill up the tank, then pour the desired oil, then drive to where I ride which is about 2-3 hours away.  In that time, the oil and gas mix and it's ready to rock. :devil:

Or do this if you're comfortable with it.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Or do this if you're comfortable with it.  :thumbsup:

Beat you to this one Beau.  I'm on a quest now to get the gold.  Silver is alright, but Gold shines better.  Keep on posting man, and get out of Bronze. :lol::devil:

• Like 1

thanks alot guys thats what i thought it had to do with was the carb and my uncle has been riding and working on dirtbikes since he was a kid and my step dad is a heavy duty mechanic so i will take it apart and clean it once they get back from camp it probably wouldent hurt to take it apart and grease everything up anyways. thanks again!

• Like 1

thanks alot guys thats what i thought it had to do with was the carb and my uncle has been riding and working on dirtbikes since he was a kid and my step dad is a heavy duty mechanic so i will take it apart and clean it once they get back from camp it probably wouldent hurt to take it apart and grease everything up anyways. thanks again!

Yea a little lubing never hurt a dirt bike .  :thumbsup:

hey guys i drained my carb but didnt clean it now the bike will stay running but dosent seem to idle or rev out properly any suggestions? going to clean the carb tomorrow