Sign in to follow this  

Mrd Pro Comp vs Rs2 ?

Hi there guys. As many of you know, I have made numerous posts regarding the ssw vs the rs2 and their differences in power on the drz powerband.

I am now wondering if anyone has experience with the mrd pro comp vs the rs2?

Since the pro comp is a tamer pipe than the ssw, will it make similar power/torque in the bottom end to the rs2.

And let me apologize if I have offended anyone with my repetitive posts about pipes.

My intentions are purely to seek the knowledge and understand all that I can. Yes I have used the search tool both on TT and google, but every thread I read about the pro comp immediately changes to an Mrd/ssw thread.

I for one like them.

There are tons of pipe posts based on emotion or hearsay but its hard to find any real dyno data or drag data to prove what pipes are best for stock and built motors.

I emailed Yosh and asked for their dyno run data on their DRZ pipes.

If I get it I will post it up.

Back in the day the motorcycle mags used to do pipe and full system tests on the same dyno in the same conditions. It was funny some of the best pipes people swore by had some of the lowest performance increases and the lower cost pipes people bagged on did the best.

• Like 2

Sick, I would love to see that from yosh.

I am very intrigued to hear more about the pro comp and not the ssw/zpro

What I really would love to see is a dyno graph with rs2 and mrd pro comp.

As well as a dyno graph comparing the mrd pro comp and ssw/zpro.

Edited by SupermotoAl

So I have a question. I have heard and am wondering. Generally speaking, does back pressure help produce more torque? It seems like the more open and stepped/tapered designs help produce much better top end power but in turn trade a bit of low end grunt.

So I have a question. I have heard and am wondering. Generally speaking, does back pressure help produce more torque? It seems like the more open and stepped/tapered designs help produce much better top end power but in turn trade a bit of low end grunt.

Generally yes, this is why drag racers run open headers because they spend all of their time at WOT and high in the RPM range. But it is a lot more complicated than just adding a restriction to gain low end grunt or removing a restriction to get top end power, there are many more variables to consider.

I have looked at the pro comp compared to the z-pro. And the pipes do look different, more than just a different muffler cap. For one thing the pro comp is 2" dia while the z-pro is 2 1/4" dia pipe. And also the pro comp does not appear to be stepped as much as the z-pro.

I wonder if the pro comp would have more similar power/torque curves to the rs2 than the z-pro?

Back in the day the motorcycle mags used to do pipe and full system tests on the same dyno in the same conditions. It was funny some of the best pipes people swore by had some of the lowest performance increases and the lower cost pipes people bagged on did the best.

+1     I will probably catch flack for this but IMO, the MRD is overrated and over hyped.  :p

I do like how the mrd looks. I like the rs2 also, but it sticks out way too far in my opinion. But then again your not looking at the pipe when you are riding.

I am thinking that like the rs2, the pro comp produces more low end power than the z-pro.

Edited by SupermotoAl

Would love to hear from those that have the pro comp.

Even better yet anyone who has used both pro comp and rs2 :)

Or pro comp vs ssw

Edited by SupermotoAl
  • Like 1

You cray cray yo

Yeah he is... ,  me 3 year old son would've choosen a pipe by now...  

You should get this set up,  bottom end and top speed performance for days!

rain-drain-motorcycle-exhaust-pipe-500x3

Edited by 150ron
  • Like 4

Napoleon Dynamite's scoot! Bet that thing has seen many sweet jumps!!! 

• Like 1

Very trick indeed..... :lol:

• Like 1

Based on what? Where's your graph?

Yeah ... Look , you're dead right , only a Graph will prove the numbers " Punched Out " .

But look at the Workman Ship , the Tuned length of the pipe , the Quality Tig Work .

In this case no Graph is needed Stevie Wonder could see that System will work .

Edited by ITS CHOOKEN
  • Like 3

Yo 150ron. U have the ssw? What mods do you run

I do,  but i wish i would've gotten the RS2,  i hear it has like 0.04 more hp right between 4,567-4,569RPM'S...   

MRD/Z-PRO shorty,  HOT CAMS, 3X3, FCR MX-39,  Bike runs like a ''Assistant nighttime manager''   :smirk:

About the 2 pipes you are considering,   they are both a good improvement over stock,  you kinda just pick one that you think look the best and go with it,  that is how it works,   i picked the MRD cause i do not like how most pipes stick out way too far,   the mrd shorty is only 12''

You can see in me pic how it does not stick out too much like other pipes.

s to sm5.JPG

• Like 2

Ur bike looks pretty sick dude:) I love those meaty tires especially in the front end. Looks like a tank.

• Like 1