Sign in to follow this  

Chinese Radiators

Hello, recently needed to order new radiators and was stuck between buying oem or a Chinese copy cat for a third of the price.

So I did a lot searching around for reviews and they all seemed to be mixed.

Decided to give them a try, dropped $72, free shipping from Cali, and they were here in less then a week to PA.

For starters, these things looked much thicker and stronger than the original oem.

Oem:

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399260051.358313.jpg

Chinese:

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399260111.280364.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399260151.436195.jpg

The welds looked rushed, but still seemed strong. And they have no leaks. Overall very happy up to this point.

While I was away over the weekend my dad mounted them... Well he did his best to. Took a lot of working and tweaking but he got them to fit.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399260663.147281.jpg

Will be going out this weekend for a first ride, so I have no voice about the functionality up to this point, but I think they'll do just fine.

Overall I'd say you get what you pay for, the same with helmets and other gear.

Edit: forgot to mention these went on a 2003 cr250

Edited by Christian_s113
  • Like 1

Hello, recently needed to order new radiators and was stuck between buying oem or a Chinese copy cat for a third of the price.

So I did a lot searching around for reviews and they all seemed to be mixed.

Decided to give them a try, dropped $72, free shipping from Cali, and they were here in less then a week to PA.

For starters, these things looked much thicker and stronger than the original oem.

Oem:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399260051.358313.jpg

Chinese:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumperTalk1399260111.280364.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399260151.436195.jpg

The welds looked rushed, but still seemed strong. And they have no leaks. Overall very happy up to this point.

While I was away over the weekend my dad mounted them... Well he did his best to. Took a lot of working and tweaking but he got them to fit.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumperTalk1399260663.147281.jpg

Will be going out this weekend for a first ride, so I have no voice about the functionality up to this point, but I think they'll do just fine.

Overall I'd say you get what you pay for, the same with helmets and other gear.

Edit: forgot to mention these went on a 2003 cr250

They work ok i put some on my 05 cr never had any problems and mine fit just like oem. 69 bucks tho so i win  :p

• Like 1

I put some on my kids 250s, they fit great and looked really good. I was very happy with them at first.

Now they are bent to crap, just a small crashes and they folded like tin cans. They would be great as long you had a rad protectors, but the stock ones lasted for years with small bends these only lasted a few months.

Even though they are bent, they don't leak. I`d buy again but this time with a cage. For the price of these plus a cage is still cheaper than stock.

• Like 1

I put some on my kids 250s, they fit great and looked really good. I was very happy with them at first.

Now they are bent to crap, just a small crashes and they folded like tin cans. They would be great as long you had a rad protectors, but the stock ones lasted for years with small bends these only lasted a few months.

Even though they are bent, they don't leak. I`d buy again but this time with a cage. For the price of these plus a cage is still cheaper than stock.

I agree with the price ! I'm hoping to keep it on two wheels but things happen.

What are your thoughts on the guards? My dad talked me out of a pair just for the fact that if I were to send a branch though there you'd be out the guards and radiators. But with that information on these cheaper ones being more bendable, I'll look back into them. Recommend a brand on them?

I agree with the price ! I'm hoping to keep it on two wheels but things happen.

What are your thoughts on the guards? My dad talked me out of a pair just for the fact that if I were to send a branch though there you'd be out the guards and radiators. But with that information on these cheaper ones being more bendable, I'll look back into them. Recommend a brand on them?

I respectfully disagree with your father.

Radiator guard/ cages keep sticks out and prevent crash damage to the rads. There is no downside to owning them.

After owning several of them and helping install most of the others, I have ended up with the opinion that the Unabiker guard is the best- I have them on my main two bikes.

Next down in quality is Flatlands.

• Like 2

I respectfully disagree with your father.

Radiator guard/ cages keep sticks out and prevent crash damage to the rads. There is no downside to owning them.

After owning several of them and helping install most of the others, I have ended up with the opinion that the Unabiker guard is the best- I have them on my main two bikes.

Next down in quality is Flatlands.

There is one downside they block airflow meaning you have to ride faster  :ride:  just my theory .  :p  :lol:

There is a reason why they are cheap , I guess you found it .

Value for money is good , as they say you get what you pay for .