CRF 450r Sprockets and Trail riding

I have a 53 tooth sprocket on the back now.  I have a 13 tooth on the front.  If I put a 12 tooth on the front what will happen to the speeds in 1st and 2nd gear?  I am trying to gear the bike down for slower trail riding in the hard stuff.  Give me your thoughts or better suggestions.  Thanks

OK.  So I am having trouble replying to these threads on my smart phone.  I think I am in and out of service.  Anyway,  Thanks for all the replies.  Im just an old guy that just cant keep up anymore with the bike I have but dont want to sell it as I love it so much.  I just need to slow it down in the difficult areas on trail riding so I dont have to work the clutch so much.  I was hoping that the 12/53 would do the trick for the tight trails.  I dont care to much about top speed anymore.  I just dont race around to much and instead enjoy the trail riding where we are in 1-4 gears anyway.  Are there any other inexpensive ideas for trail riding that you all can suggest that will help the old and frail ride easier without cahnging bikes.  I cant give up my 450R.  Love it too much.

• Like 1

OK.  So I am having trouble replying to these threads on my smart phone.  I think I am in and out of service.  Anyway,  Thanks for all the replies.  Im just an old guy that just cant keep up anymore with the bike I have but dont want to sell it as I love it so much.  I just need to slow it down in the difficult areas on trail riding so I dont have to work the clutch so much.  I was hoping that the 12/53 would do the trick for the tight trails.  I dont care to much about top speed anymore.  I just dont race around to much and instead enjoy the trail riding where we are in 1-4 gears anyway.  Are there any other inexpensive ideas for trail riding that you all can suggest that will help the old and frail ride easier without cahnging bikes.  I cant give up my 450R.  Love it too much.

Setting up the suspension to suit you will only make the bike easier to ride