Sign in to follow this  

Who here has snapped bars?

Broke my first set of bars today, and hopefully the last.  The jump faces were rutted really badly from the all quadtards,  one rut sent me sideways off the face of a double, couldnt bring it back soon enough.  Resulting in landing sideways and being catapulted off.  The bike slid off the track about 15-20 feet.

• Like 1

Yup, couple sets.

Broke a set of pro tapers by dropping the bike on a hill and it hit just right on a rock.

Broke a set of renthal bars when I smacked a tree. It happens.

I'm using tag bars on this bike. Never used them before but they seem just as good as p/t.

My buddy snapped the stock handlebars on my kdx220, and I almost snapped a rib (hairline fracture) on my rmz taking some protapers to the torso. Same day, same jump. I put pt's on the kdx and bought a chest protector

• Like 1

How does that matter to it snapping? And i bought my bike with snapped handlebars..... replaced them and haven't had an issue

If there are sharp edges on your clamps, they can wear into the aluminum, and make the bars weak on those marks. Kind of like a tubing cutter
  • Like 1

If there are sharp edges on your clamps, they can wear into the aluminum, and make the bars weak on those marks. Kind of like a tubing cutter

Yep. Listen to the man.

Broke my first set of bars today, and hopefully the last. The jump faces were rutted really badly from the all quadtards, one rut sent me sideways off the face of a double, couldnt bring it back soon enough. Resulting in landing sideways and being catapulted off. The bike slid off the track about 15-20 feet.

had a guy cut my line in a race on a double tryed to slow down but cases the crap outta it and snapped a set of tags which sucks because you can't keep racing. Then the likelihood of finding the bend you want at a race track is slim to none
  • Like 1