Sign in to follow this  

battery woes

I upgraded to the YTZ10S battery, making my own bracket, but its such a hack job on the bike I feel embarrased to even post pictures. I didn't think 1" would push the box into the tire either until i measured afterwards :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: , so after seeing that issue, I was wondering, with Eddie AWOL, anyone know where i can get a better box for the YTZ10S for my bike? for now the hack job i did will hold, would just like to make it look nicer in the future.

Yeah , I used some thin alloy plate to repair my previous Hackery , I just moulded the plate inside the box and used some rubber to insulate it .

I went one step better and disposed of the YTZ10 , I fitted a MUCH smaller 8 cell ballistic and used the foam packing supplied to make the 8 cell fit perfectly .

I modified more thin alloy plate to be used as a strap across the battery to keep it held in .. firmly

• Like 2

Yeah , I used some thin alloy plate to repair my previous Hackery , I just moulded the plate inside the box and used some rubber to insulate it .

I went one step better and disposed of the YTZ10 , I fitted a MUCH smaller 8 cell ballistic and used the foam packing supplied to make the 8 cell fit perfectly .

I modified more thin alloy plate to be used as a strap across the battery to keep it held in .. firmly

Mate. :thumbsup: .............Chooken is all over this....... :worthy:

Unfortunately im in montana, and last winter it got down to -32 degrees farenheit. During the spring, temperatures at night frequently dip below the specs for lothium batteries. I don't believe lithium ion will be the choice for me. But thanks for the modding tips, it'll help me brainstorming.

Unfortunately im in montana, and last winter it got down to -32 degrees farenheit. During the spring, temperatures at night frequently dip below the specs for lothium batteries. I don't believe lithium ion will be the choice for me. But thanks for the modding tips, it'll help me brainstorming.

-Minus 32....Freak'in Hell, you can have that mate....indeed a test for any battery....

-Minus 32....Freak'in Hell, you can have that mate....indeed a test for any battery....

Both my truck battery, and 2 DRZ batteries....dead. was a hell of a winter. I should have driven out and pulled the DRZs battery out...but that required braving the cold....and the stock batteries suck anyways. so i let them die.