G2 throttle tamer

Anyone run one? Feedback? Riding a 13' yz450 and love the power but I'm looking for something that gives me a little more wiggle room on the throttle. From mag reviews the G2 seems like a perfect fit. Anyone have any experience?

Edited by Calhoun117

Anyone run one? Feedback? Riding a 13' yz450 and love the power but I'm looking for something that gives me a little more wiggle room on the throttle. From mag reviews the G2 seems like a perfect fit. Anyone have any experience?

Nope but i have heard they are worth the 70 bucks and does work , hopefully someone can give you a better review .  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

It works very well.  I have a 250 SX converted for woods duty, and the G2 did a better job of calming things down than the traditional route of a FWW.  I normally run the most extreme cam of the 3 it comes with (400 I think?).  You still get full throttle, but a lot more control at smaller throttle openings which I need for single track.  I think Motion Pro has a similar product now as well.

• Like 1

I have one on a 200 that I took off my last 200. They work great.Makes it easier to modulate the throttle in tough conditions, but doesn't take anything away from overall power.

I put one on my girlfriends YZ250 with the 400 cam. It works very well. I have one with a 300 cam on my modified Husaberg 250. The guys at G2 are some of the best in the business too!

Edited by sierrarider

Had one on a 09 CRF 450.  It had a violent bottom end and the G2 took it out and smoothed things up.  Loved it.

I have one on my 450, its awesome, def worth the money!

I put one on my 2009 KTM 450XCF to make it more manageable and less tiring on single track and...it worked great! Definitely a must have mod. Well worth the money. 

a quick review of the G2 throttle tamer on the RR480. i had one on the RR300 already but it had such a smooth throttle response off idle that the G2 only had a mild effect. it could still suit someone fairly new to dirt riding, but these throttle tamers really come into their own when you feel the power and response come in too quickly for that first quarter turn of throttle.

but it's been brilliant on the RR480 which does have some of that instant 'snap' which big fuel injected thumpers are known for. throttle response is very mellow and smooth, but the full power is there the moment you give it more than a quarter turn of throttle.