Sign in to follow this  

Help Identifying Model Year - RM250

Hello.

I'm looking for some assistance to identify the model year of the bike below, I'm getting back onto an 2T MX bike after a few years off. I have always rode CR's so unfortuantely not as familiar as I'd like to be with Suzuki's offerings.

Regardless the bike pictured below is being pitched as a 2001 model - however I'm not sure that's accurate based on the (little) info I've gathered. Can anyone, based on pictures, either confirm or deny whether it's an '01? If not, can you tell what year?

I would like an 01+ as from what I understand there was a chassis change that year.

Would like to save myself a couple hours of driving if it isn't what I'm looking for.

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

DE0C674D-61B6-4F90-BED4-9F2849FAD764-240

7F58EF1A-A6C1-4687-9510-7F1E214549C9-240

Thanks for the reply. It confirms what I thought, that it's earlier than an '01.. Based on the pics I have I had thought maybe it's 96/97 based on the swing arm?

That's a '96 or '97, which doesn't matter because the '97 was a BNG '96 (same model no real updates).

Here's a '97 with OEM graphics.

1997_RM250_yell_side_450.jpg

• Like 1

It is a '97......'96 had more fork underhang

'98 had a different swingarm/linkage configuration (no black plug in swingarm)