Sign in to follow this  

XR100 Brake switch

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I have a 2003 xr100. So here's my question. Does anyone know of a way to install a switch for my front brake to work with a brake light. I have most the parts I need laying around to make this bike street legal. I might have to buy some here and there but the only real problem i'm seeing is that I don't have a way to make a cable drum brake have a brake light switch. I've seen some inline switches, such as this.

http://www.steadfastcycles.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3878

I also thought maybe there would be another bike I could get a brake lever off of, that already has a built in switch. Any help is appreciated. Also please no bashing the entire idea of a street legal xr100 i've done my research, and it makes sense for me. Thank You!

Hey everyone!

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I have a 2003 xr100. So here's my question. Does anyone know of a way to install a switch for my front brake to work with a brake light. I have most the parts I need laying around to make this bike street legal. I might have to buy some here and there but the only real problem i'm seeing is that I don't have a way to make a cable drum brake have a brake light switch. I've seen some inline switches, such as this.

http://www.steadfastcycles.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3878

I also thought maybe there would be another bike I could get a brake lever off of, that already has a built in switch. Any help is appreciated. Also please no bashing the entire idea of a street legal xr100 i've done my research, and it makes sense for me. Thank You!

All you need is a handle bar lever bracket and a switch off a earlier (79-85) XL100 which had lights...........that easy. :thumbsup: Some off other models may work also, would have to compare to find out which.

Old School Al

Edited by Old School Al

haha wow i feel dumb! That would make sense. Thanks a lot!

haha wow i feel dumb! That would make sense. Thanks a lot!

A very sensible question.......................no reason at all to feel dumb. :thumbsup:

Old School Al