Sign in to follow this  

WR Throttle Sticks

Hi folks.  New here as you can see and this is my first dirt bike.

A buddy gave me his extra 03 WR and it came with a couple issues.  I've pulled and cleaned the carb 4 or 5 times so I'm quite certain it's clean.  The throttle snaps back just fine when not running but hangs at just open when released while running.

I disconnected the cables at the carb and still have the sticking issue.  I have the carb off and while applying light thumb pressure to the slide from the intake side, I can feel the slide hang-up when closing it manually.

I notice 1 wheel falls off readily when I remove the slide from the carb.  This wheel is different from the other 3 as you can see.  Is it the wheels that's causing the slide to hang? 

Thanks for any help here.

Carb Slide 1.jpegCarb Slide 2.jpeg

its normal for 1 to fall off. 3 wheels have ball bearings. I had a REALLY sticky throttle, so when i pulled my carb, i used Hoppes gun oil on the 3 ball bearing wheels. My throttle cable is still sticky but not nearly as bad. I also used an ultrasonic cleaner for everything, so....

Thanks.  I lightly filed off the sharp lower corners on the front side of the slide.  Smooth as silk now.