Sign in to follow this  

Chain question

I apologize for the post, I PROMISE I did use the search function.

So this past weekend I went out and rode my bike at the Silver Lake sand dunes, and it was awesome! I noticed afterwards though that my bike's chain/sprockets are as good as dead. Due to the riding I do I've decided oring is probably best, plus I don't want to replace all the time. I've also decided on steel sprockets. Can anyone confirm which oring chain will not rub on my 05yz250f? It seems I keep reading conflicting things about oring chains lol. From my understanding did chains are the need knees, I just want to make sure clearance won't be a problem

I know there are monster threads everywhere on chain lubes but let me just say that if you are riding sand then any lube will pick up sand and destroy your chain and sprockets. If you're riding sand , I strongly recommend sticking to plain old WD 40. I live in Florida, I speak from experience.

I know there are monster threads everywhere on chain lubes but let me just say that if you are riding sand then any lube will pick up sand and destroy your chain and sprockets. If you're riding sand , I strongly recommend sticking to plain old WD 40. I live in Florida, I speak from experience.

I knew the chain was on its way out but still didn't lube it anyway. I won't be riding sand often.

Dumb question. The chain I order is coming with 120 links, do I need to get my hands on a chain breaker to get it down to size?

I knew the chain was on its way out but still didn't lube it anyway. I won't be riding sand often.

Dumb question. The chain I order is coming with 120 links, do I need to get my hands on a chain breaker to get it down to size?

Most likely yes but they are inexpensive and make the job of breaking the chain much easier.