Sign in to follow this  

Price for an xr185?

I've got the opportunity to buy one of these and it's in pretty good shape for its age. I've been told it was treated well and not driven hard. Still has all original plastics in good shape. Only problem I it doesn't run but turns over. What would you all be comfortable paying for a bike like this?

that's pretty challenging without any more detail... you should assume problems with anything that you cant confirm so you don't get hosed. got a picture?

Yeah sorry here are a couple pics I have if it. I have yet to see it in person.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399325183.832171.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399325211.600931.jpg

I bought a VERY ROUGH XL185 for $225.

I parted it out on eBay and netted over $1000 for the parts.

The headlight on that bike will sell for over $100 alone.

Speedo $100 +

The tank $200 easy.

Side cover - number plates $200 to $250.

Fenders $75 to $100 each if they're in good shape.

Titled frame - $200

I'm not surprised, I think I'm going to end up buying it and trying to fix it up. If that looks like it's going to cost me an arm an a leg I'll just part it out.

with a few hours of clean-up, thats a $800 bike. Clean the carb & she will be good to go!

I would say for a non running XR185, $200 is about right, "if" you plan on getting 'er running and using. 

Parting out is a totally different ball game. 

Michael 

I'm picking up the bike this weekend and we settled on 5 bills. A little more than I was wanting to pay but In the long run I think it's still pretty fair. Will post pics and an updates when u get the bike