District 14 Hare Scrambles

Michigan

So myself and a few friends are looking to race the D14 M33 Hare Scramble on May 18th. I've contacted the names listed on the D14 website about questions regarding what we have to do to enter the race. All signed up with AMA and D14 memberships, but the thing I cannot get a straight answer out of them about is what time we need to be there on the 18th for registration and what time the bikes start. Does anyone know this info or has raced D14 scrambles before? 

I had the same question. It's kind of ambiguous on the websites. I was hoping to go out to the race in battle creek! Let me know what you find out haha

The website is missing so much information too. All it tells you is the date and city of the hare scrambles. Would be nice to put on there "hey you need to bring this, this, this, be here by this time for registration, minis start at this time, bikes at this time, atv at this time. 

All D14 Hare Scrambles say they're going to start at Noon.  It usually ends up being about 1pm.  You can generally register right up to start time/few minutes before.  You already have AMA and D14 - perfect.  Show up with enough gas for 2 or 3 hours of riding with proper safety gear and you're set.  You'll need to purchase or rent a transponder for your helmet - I think $20 to buy?? They give you $10/half back at the end of the day if you return it.  If you plan on racing more than once, just keep it for next time. 

There are requirements for numbers/colored backgrounds as well but if it's your first race it's probably not a big deal.  Read the 2014 rules:

http://ama-d14.org/UserFiles/File/Hare%20Scrambles/2014Rules.pdf

Now that I went through them, I think it answers all of your questions.

I haven't been there yet but asked a buddy. Evidently sign up starts at 7am, goes to 11am.

All D14 Hare Scrambles say they're going to start at Noon. It usually ends up being about 1pm. You can generally register right up to start time/few minutes before. You already have AMA and D14 - perfect. Show up with enough gas for 2 or 3 hours of riding with proper safety gear and you're set. You'll need to purchase or rent a transponder for your helmet - I think $20 to buy?? They give you $10/half back at the end of the day if you return it. If you plan on racing more than once, just keep it for next time.

There are requirements for numbers/colored backgrounds as well but if it's your first race it's probably not a big deal. Read the 2014 rules:

http://ama-d14.org/UserFiles/File/Hare%20Scrambles/2014Rules.pdf

Now that I went through them, I think it answers all of your questions.[/

quote]

I've got all that info about what I need to bring, numbers, etc. I just wanted to know the times. I haven't gotten a straight answer out of them yet regarding it.

Show up by 9.  You can figure out the rest from there - all are very nice people. 

No excuses.

I would bring some black gorilla tape (duct tape would prolly be fine too) to tape the transponder on your visor in such a way it wont fall off. As someone said you can decide on class when you are there. I rode C2 Jr. the two times i did them but I forget what all that was. Was last spring. You will get a sticker you have to put on your helmet with a color that designates your class so riders coming up on you know. This is because you will be out there with tons of classes....from slow to quite fast. I would agree with the by 9 thing. Gives you time to sign up, get your transponder on etc.

Keep a close eye on the weather as well...and be prepared for it if its even a small chance of rain. Nothing worse then jacked up goggles 1/2hr into it forcing you to try and ride through it or take them off (for example).

Edited by J_YZ2fittyF