Eye in the Sky/More Aircraft to Patrol Jawbone/Kelso

Stewards of the Sequoia's latest newsletter advised that a $100K grant from CA's Green Sticker funds was issued to provide additional aircraft to patrol Jawbone and Kelso for OHV's off legal trails/areas.

It's about time.  I am overjoyed to see my OHV registration money used properly.

Swell.

Think how happy some local pilot is...  FOJ brings another $100,000 to the local economy. 

Have you seen the huge Cathedrals State Parks is now building in the SVRAs.  Funny how this broke ass state can spend so much money on shit no one asked for.  I am guessing it's part of the bigger plan...  when they close all the trails the SVRAs will become nature parks.

Honey-Valley-HV-1.png

Edited by BOLT aka Jeff

Think how happy some local pilot is...  FOJ brings another $100,000 to the local economy. 

Have you seen the huge Cathedrals State Parks is now building in the SVRAs.  Funny how this broke ass state can spend so much money on shit now one asked for.  I am guessing it's part of the bigger plan...  when they close all the trails the SVRAs will become nature parks.

Honey-Valley-HV-1.png

I stumbled across this cathedral two weeks ago while looking for somewhere to rest at Gorman. I don't remember seeing it the last time that i was out there late last year.

Edited by 06gixxer1k

$100K is not a lot of heli time (thank God) but think how many man hours of trail building time it would buy in salaries....not fences and signs and geezer "friends of" BS, actual hands on, refresh/create/maintain trails....Oh wait, I live in CA....and Moonbeam must have his choo choo....

I'm in the USG aviation support services business... 

$100k would only pay for approximately 60 - 80 hours of total flight time depending on the type of aircraft involved, (Piston or Turbine) which would be less than 30 days of air support once you factor in fuel cost, maintenance, parts, pilot salary, sensor operator salary, 50/100 hr inspections, annual inspections, scheduled/unscheduled maintenance, etc. 

Owning, operating, and maintaining aircraft is not cheap.

The bigger the plane, the greater the cost.

Cheers.

Edited by SnowMule
Content removal per OP request
  • Like 2

You go through $100,000 real quick with ANY avation related activity.

OK let me put it this way...  if you owned a plane...  sitting on the ground doing nothing...  collecting rust, dust and storage fees...  would you think a new $100,000 job was NOTHING ?

$100,000 is NOT NOTHING to any small desert bush pilot with bills to pay.

I'm just glad that $100k isn't buying more red carsonite and peeler posts and wire for the east side of 395.  But what the hell...  I hope they spend all $20MIL in the Cal City Triangle Area cause that place is a write off for me now anyway.  The friendliest riding area in the world is just too friendly for me.  The military kicked people off half the land out my way so it's getting very peaceful riding the desert here.  No red signs anywhere...  and on a rare occasion you get to show 2 guys in a Humvee that dirt bikes do single track better than 4 wheelers. :devil: ?

Edited by BOLT aka Jeff
  • Like 2

I'm in the USG aviation support services business... 

$100k would only pay for approximately 60 - 80 hours of total flight time depending on the type of aircraft involved, (Piston or Turbine) which would be less than 30 days of air support once you factor in fuel cost, maintenance, parts, pilot salary, sensor operator salary, 50/100 hr inspections, annual inspections, scheduled/unscheduled maintenance, etc. 

Owning, operating, and maintaining aircraft is not cheap.

The bigger the plane, the greater the cost.

Cheers.

What are you flying?  A G5?  Give me a break.  An old C172 would do just fine for chasing/photographing dirt bike felons.