Ron Hamp!

Let me tell you, if you have never talked to this Ron Hamp fella, you are missing out. My son has posted a thread here about his 250R dying after 20 minutes. We have not found the issue. I just got off the phone with Ron and with a little more info, he managed to give us a diagnosis in less than 15 minutes. We are now looking at the power commander. Apparently there are issues with them. We also talked about heads, cams, springs, valves etc. This man is a wealth of knowledge and a real pleasure to talk to. Being as ignorant as I am, he could have sold me anything, but he suggest to remove the Power Commander first, and then have a look at the head if the problem persists. He has never done any work for me but bet your ass he will. Thanks Ron :thumbsup:

That's great you got it running! Ron is a wealth of knowledge!!!

I wish I had known you weren't running the stock ECU, aftermarket ECU'S are the first thing you remove with gremlins like this...

plus 1....ron has supplied us with a cam and spring kit for my sons 13 crf250....worth every penny....he is an awesome guy that takes the time to speak with you and figure out what is best for your situation....my sons motor will be going to him at the 100 hour mark and im sure we will be more than pleased when we get it back 

You just remined me... Ron, when will that head ship to me? My arm is better

and the center cases are back together. Just need to put the clutch stuff on and

then I'll need that head... Pat

That's great you got it running! Ron is a wealth of knowledge!!!

I wish I had known you weren't running the stock ECU, aftermarket ECU'S are the first thing you remove with gremlins like this...

We don't quite have it going yet, but I feel confident that we have the problem narrowed down finally.  I feel like a freakin idiot for not mentioning the "Power Commander" (What a name) ignition system.  Sorry to all involved who helped us chase our tail.

Edited by scoot450R