Sign in to follow this  

RB Designs Head Mod

I have a 2002 CR250R and I am thinking about having Ron's head mod done. I know he corrects the squish and sets the shape for the gas you want to run.

I am curious what I will notice after riding the bike with this work done.

Also, shod I have the squish set for running an 05+ base gasket?

Thanks!

I have a 2002 CR250R and I am thinking about having Ron's head mod done. I know he corrects the squish and sets the shape for the gas you want to run.

Thanks!

I haven't had his work done, however I would imagine he bases his work off of the stock base gasket. I'm using an 05 base gasket on my 03 and based on my experience with it I plan on going back to the stock base gasket for the next top end. Ron probably could answer these questions for you.

he will base his work off of the lead soldering wire that you squish for him between the piston and head.  he will want 3 or more.  i sent him 6.

read his website, he explains it all there.

as for the performance. 

i had mine done on a different bike.  so it will probably be a different effect.  how ever my 09 250xc gained a lot more low end with a more crisp throttle response.  it is also now more responsive to jetting changes.

Thanks!

Yes, the 05+ gasket is the way togo.

I haven't had his work done, however I would imagine he bases his work off of the stock base gasket. I'm using an 05 base gasket on my 03 and based on my experience with it I plan on going back to the stock base gasket for the next top end. Ron probably could answer these questions for you.

he bases his work on whatever squish measurement you tell him. He doesnt assume anything. You have to measure your current squish before yous end him the head.

http://www.rb-designs.com/rb_designs_llc_017.htm

Either put the 05 gasket on before you do the measurement, or tell rb designs that your plan is to run the 05 gasket which is .010 inch thinner and he can just change his math a tad to make sure you get what you want.