2014 YZ250 bars (factory bend)

Does anyone know the bend of the factory bars? A crash took ours out this weekend. Need some new ones. Son likes the factory bend. I don't like the factory price. Retail on those babys are @ $160! That's before any discount.

Thanks!

Part # 5XC-26111-L2-00

Pro-Taper EVO YZ-High, 

http://www.protaper.com/products/handlebars/evo

Part 02-2897

Can be had for $56 at various online retailers.

Edited by ADVRider808

I'll go one better: http://www.protaper.com/tech-support/oem-specs/yamaha-specs

Part # 5XC-26111-L2-00

Pro-Taper EVO YZ-High, 

http://www.protaper.com/products/handlebars/evo

Part 02-2897

Can be had for $56 at various online retailers.

+1

I'll go one better: http://www.protaper.com/tech-support/oem-specs/yamaha-specs

FYI, the Evo is well worth the premium price over the contour bar IMHO. My only gripe is that Protaper don't make the ultra-low bend (called Universal low) in the Evo style which is the bend I like to run with bar risers and sub-mounted Scotts stabilizer.

Yo Swappa!!  Where do you think I got that info from in the first place?  :p

Yo Swappa!!  Where do you think I got that info from in the first place?  :p

Yamaha handlebar labels can be funky so I thought I would check it out myself. I like that PTaper list OEM specs and thought I would throw it up there too. Just verifying your info and posting a link that's a little closer to the source.

I know the 2007-? pro tapes are labelled as 5XC-LO (ie low-bend) bar but they're actually a mid- to high bend. I wanted to match bars with my sub-mounted damper and a buddy tried to tell me that these stock bars would work but they were too high.

I know the 2007-? pro tapes are labelled as 5XC-LO (ie low-bend) bar but they're actually a mid- to high bend. I wanted to match bars with my sub-mounted damper and a buddy tried to tell me that these stock bars would work but they were too high.

I have a submounted Scotts damper on my WR450 and face the same issue with the stock bars being just a bit too high for riding in the woods.

The ones that came off my 13 don't have any pro taper markings on them. They are too low for my taste so I swapped them with Renthal RC high bars.

If you're interested in the stock bars let me know and I'll make you a good deal on them. They were taken off the bike before it even got ridden.

MXRider72,

I may be interested in your stock bars! Where are you located?

MXRider72,

I may be interested in your stock bars! Where are you located?

Northern Virginia

MXRider72,

Payment has been sent for bars.

Thanks!

Got it. I'll try and get them out tomorrow after work.

Have you shipped bars?

Oddly I just purchased a pair of WR450f stock bars (Protaper YZ High) off Ebay for $45, for my 2004 YZ250. I compared them to my WR's YZ High bend EVO bars, and they are identical. Pro taper's site like stated above shows all the new bikes OEM bends. Also $160 for stock bars is outrageous, especially when you can by ones with "ProTaper EVO" on them for $69-79 off ebay. OEM cycle has them on eBay for $79 shipped. black or magnesium. As well search Ebay for WR450 stock handlebars and  many well priced pro taper bars show up from $39-$69. hope this helps

Edited by YZScott

This is an old thread but I talked to Pro Taper.  If anyone else has the same question the about the Yamaha 5-XC-LO I got the specs.  The Pro Taper SX race is the closest with slightly less sweep. By slightly I mean 2mm.

Edited by StillSmoking
On 3/12/2017 at 1:09 PM, StillSmoking said:

This is an old thread but I talked to Pro Taper.  If anyone else has the same question the about the Yamaha 5-XC-LO I got the specs.  The Pro Taper SX race is the closest with slightly less sweep. By slightly I mean 2mm.

I would love the specs for those bars if you still have them!

Its been a while but the best I can remember is they are 2mm higher and have 2mm less sweep.