2014 YZ250 bars (factory bend)

Does anyone know the bend of the factory bars? A crash took ours out this weekend. Need some new ones. Son likes the factory bend. I don't like the factory price. Retail on those babys are @ $160! That's before any discount.

Thanks!

I'll go one better: http://www.protaper.com/tech-support/oem-specs/yamaha-specs

Part # 5XC-26111-L2-00

Pro-Taper EVO YZ-High, 

http://www.protaper.com/products/handlebars/evo

Part 02-2897

Can be had for $56 at various online retailers.

+1

I'll go one better: http://www.protaper.com/tech-support/oem-specs/yamaha-specs

FYI, the Evo is well worth the premium price over the contour bar IMHO. My only gripe is that Protaper don't make the ultra-low bend (called Universal low) in the Evo style which is the bend I like to run with bar risers and sub-mounted Scotts stabilizer.

Yo Swappa!!  Where do you think I got that info from in the first place?  ?

Yamaha handlebar labels can be funky so I thought I would check it out myself. I like that PTaper list OEM specs and thought I would throw it up there too. Just verifying your info and posting a link that's a little closer to the source.

I know the 2007-? pro tapes are labelled as 5XC-LO (ie low-bend) bar but they're actually a mid- to high bend. I wanted to match bars with my sub-mounted damper and a buddy tried to tell me that these stock bars would work but they were too high.

I know the 2007-? pro tapes are labelled as 5XC-LO (ie low-bend) bar but they're actually a mid- to high bend. I wanted to match bars with my sub-mounted damper and a buddy tried to tell me that these stock bars would work but they were too high.

I have a submounted Scotts damper on my WR450 and face the same issue with the stock bars being just a bit too high for riding in the woods.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oddly I just purchased a pair of WR450f stock bars (Protaper YZ High) off Ebay for $45, for my 2004 YZ250. I compared them to my WR's YZ High bend EVO bars, and they are identical. Pro taper's site like stated above shows all the new bikes OEM bends. Also $160 for stock bars is outrageous, especially when you can by ones with "ProTaper EVO" on them for $69-79 off ebay. OEM cycle has them on eBay for $79 shipped. black or magnesium. As well search Ebay for WR450 stock handlebars and  many well priced pro taper bars show up from $39-$69. hope this helps

Edited by YZScott

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...
On 3/12/2017 at 1:09 PM, StillSmoking said:

This is an old thread but I talked to Pro Taper.  If anyone else has the same question the about the Yamaha 5-XC-LO I got the specs.  The Pro Taper SX race is the closest with slightly less sweep. By slightly I mean 2mm.

I would love the specs for those bars if you still have them!

• 11 months later...

Reviving a one year old thread trying to find the specs on stock YZ250 / YZ250X bars. The Pro Taper link above no longer works, and they don't seem the Pro Taper SX model any longer to pull the specs on that. 

Does anyone know the specs for the OEM YZ250 bars? Or a set of aftermarket that are the closest to them that I can pull the specs for?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
On 2/19/2019 at 7:05 AM, Tahoe Gator said:

Reviving a one year old thread trying to find the specs on stock YZ250 / YZ250X bars. The Pro Taper link above no longer works, and they don't seem the Pro Taper SX model any longer to pull the specs on that. 

Does anyone know the specs for the OEM YZ250 bars? Or a set of aftermarket that are the closest to them that I can pull the specs for?

Thanks!

also reviving the thread?

Did you ever find an answer to this??

• 1 month later...

According to Renthal - 2014 YZ250 https://www.renthal.com/moto/fit-my-bike/yamaha-yz-yzf-07-1

Model -  A (Width)   B (Height)  C (Rise)    D (Clamp Area)  E (Sweep)   F (Control Area)

Renthal - 602 YAM YZ 07-20 / YZF 07-17   801 88 59      125 56 193

Pro Taper Evo SX Race                                   800 87 54.5  216 54 195

Pro Taper Evo YZ High                                    800 84 56     202 52 180

Pro Taper Contour YZ High                            800 71 38      223 55 200

The thing I didn't realize until I rode my 2014 YZ250 back-to-back with my new 2021 YZ250 for the first time, is that the Pro Taper Evo YZ High does not have the same dimensions as the Pro Taper Contour YZ High.  The Contours are over a 1/2 inch lower.

• 7 months later...
On 10/17/2020 at 9:48 AM, tekcor said:

According to Renthal - 2014 YZ250 https://www.renthal.com/moto/fit-my-bike/yamaha-yz-yzf-07-1

Model -  A (Width)   B (Height)  C (Rise)    D (Clamp Area)  E (Sweep)   F (Control Area)

Renthal - 602 YAM YZ 07-20 / YZF 07-17   801 88 59      125 56 193

Pro Taper Evo SX Race                                   800 87 54.5  216 54 195

Pro Taper Evo YZ High                                    800 84 56     202 52 180

Pro Taper Contour YZ High                            800 71 38      223 55 200

The thing I didn't realize until I rode my 2014 YZ250 back-to-back with my new 2021 YZ250 for the first time, is that the Pro Taper Evo YZ High does not have the same dimensions as the Pro Taper Contour YZ High.  The Contours are over a 1/2 inch lower.

In case anyone needs it;

21 yz 250 Renthal - 672-01-BK

Edited by velocity_gear
  • Like 1