Sign in to follow this  

Ktm 200 pipe?

I am in the market for an aftermarket pipe for my 2008 ktm 200 xc-w. I've done some research and the general idea seems to be that the FMF Gnarly doesn't let the bike rev out as much as say the Pro Circuit Platitum 2 or the FMF Fatty. Closest thing to my bike that they make these pipes for are a 2003-2006 KTM 200sx. So will these pipes still for my bike and work even though it's an 2008 200 xc-w? I just don't want to lose any top end and like it to wind out like a two stroke does.

I've got an SX pipe on my EXC. It makes the bike run quite a bit different. A lot less torque and way more power up top. I've never tried the gnarly, I loved the stock pipe, tried the fatty because I knew I didn't want the gnarly. I still need to fiddle with the jetting and the powervalve. I know I can make it work better than it does now but I think the stock pipe is THE PIPE to have. 

What is the scoop on Doma and Dep pipes? They both make pipes for the 200.

I've heard great things about the Doma power wise but hear it's paper thin also. You should try the DEP and let us know. 

• Like 2

I've heard great things about the Doma power wise but hear it's paper thin also. You should try the DEP and let us know. 

I am thinking about it once i find a distributor for DEP. Doma seems like it would be expensive to get to Canada, nearly $400 in Canadian dollars! FMF Fatty and Pro Curcuit Platinum 2 are still in the question. 

I am thinking about it once i find a distributor for DEP. Doma seems like it would be expensive to get to Canada, nearly $400 in Canadian dollars! FMF Fatty and Pro Curcuit Platinum 2 are still in the question.

what kind of riding do you do. Are you sure you can still get the pro circuit pipe?

I had a Pro-Circuit system on my 04. Revved to the moon :thumbsup: . Still had great bottom end and mid range though. I was very happy with it.

Edited by AddictedToBling

what kind of riding do you do. Are you sure you can still get the pro circuit pipe?

It said out of stock on the website.. I ride pretty much everything! I go to the local track, ride single track, pipelines outwest, sand pits, gravel pits. I was just looking for the bike to have a bit more top end, it's got a nice tourqy bottom that I don't want to lose. Thats why I was looking for more of a sx pipe, to let it rev out more.

It said out of stock on the website.. I ride pretty much everything! I go to the local track, ride single track, pipelines outwest, sand pits, gravel pits. I was just looking for the bike to have a bit more top end, it's got a nice tourqy bottom that I don't want to lose. Thats why I was looking for more of a sx pipe, to let it rev out more.

I was in your same shoes. The PC pipe it's no longer made. I tried the sx pipe because I couldn't find anyone who had really tried it. The bottom to mid suffers, I like the stock pipe better for probably 80% of my riding. On the TT track or really open stuff the sx pipe is better but in the woods no doubt the stocker was better.

I was in your same shoes. The PC pipe it's no longer made. I tried the sx pipe because I couldn't find anyone who had really tried it. The bottom to mid suffers, I like the stock pipe better for probably 80% of my riding. On the TT track or really open stuff the sx pipe is better but in the woods no doubt the stocker was better.

Good to know, thanks. Makes me wonder what the DEP pipe is all about? I might have to just try it. I read

A good review about the FMF fatty on a xc.

Good to know, thanks. Makes me wonder what the DEP pipe is all about? I might have to just try it. I read

A good review about the FMF fatty on a xc.

Where's the review is like to read it

Off topic but whatever :devil:

Tested a Pro-Circuit pipe and a Bills pipe on a new, ported 2014 KX85. Stock pipe was heaps better. Wasn't even close   :jawdrop: .

I assume It's jetted correctly, correct gearing, correct squish settings etc ? Tried just an after market silencer ?

Edited by AddictedToBling

Ktm 200 pipe choices is the thread that I seen a 03/04 FMF Fatty mounted on a newer xc around page 5. I bit the bullet and ordered one today.

Ktm 200 pipe choices is the thread that I seen a 03/04 FMF Fatty mounted on a newer xc around page 5. I bit the bullet and ordered one today.

let me know how it works for you.

let me know how it works for you.

I will for sure! I can't wait for this pipe to get here so I can test it!

I will for sure! I can't wait for this pipe to get here so I can test it!

what carb and jetting do you run now?

Me.

38 mm.

185 main

42 pilot

Jed Blue on fourth clip I believe.

what carb and jetting do you run now?

Me.

38 mm.

185 main

42 pilot

Jed Blue on fourth clip I believe.

Stock Carb.

160 main

42 idle

Needle clip 3rd from the top.

Roughly 3200 ft is the elevation give or take a few 100.

Stock Carb.

160 main

42 idle

Needle clip 3rd from the top.

Roughly 3200 ft is the elevation give or take a few 100.

sounds like you're running the 36mm carb. My guess is that carb/pipe combo went be quite as good as the 38 but that's just a hunch. From what I've read the power valve adjustment may need tweaking per each pipe as well so be ready for some rest and tune.

So I got the pipe last week and mounted it on the bike, for real nice. It defiantly made some increase in the top end, bottom end may have suffered a bit but not a whole lot. The transition from bottom end to top is kinda rough and it almost stutters a bit once in awhile and actually doesn't want to come on the pipe. I did some messing around with the powervalve and actually got it better. I don't have a real good ride in it yet though. I like it