2014 350 EXC-F oil leak

Just hit 200 miles on new bike found a small oil leak on the left side any one know why and what's the Allen screw for?ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399339570.550435.jpg

Just hit 200 miles on new bike found a small oil leak on the left side any one know why and what's the Allen screw for?attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399339570.550435.jpg

I realize this is an older post, but my 11 350 SXF just started leaking from that same little allen head screw. Anyone know what this screw is for? And could I simple apply a little high temp thread sealant to fix it?

My new 15 350sxf had a tiny bit of oil coming out of this as well

So no one has any answers to this issue? Weird.

From this, the best I can guess is it holds the stator to the cover..... Being this Is my first ktm I've never been in there.

Screenshot_2014-08-12-12-09-52.png

Edited by squish72

Hhmmm........ I removed the allen screw and was thinking about putting some high temp thread sealant on it. Now I'm wondering if I messed up by removing it? Anyone care to chime in here with some knowledge of what this screw is actually for and if I caused an issue by removing it?

Any updates?

I finally was able to talk to a mechanic at a dealership that sells KTM's. He too was at a loss as to what the purpose of this screw was, but said he didn't see any reason you couldn't apply a little thread sealant to it if it is leaking. I did this to my leaking screw last friday and rode for a couple hours saturday and the leak appears to have stopped. So, I can't answer as to what this screw is for, but a little bit of thread sealant seemed to fix the leak without issue.

Sounds good. I'll do that on mine then.

So I ended up getting that Allen bolt replaced along with the gaskets now the gaskets leak it's been annoying. But it's a just an oil passage chamber my bike had too much oil in in from the dealer screwed my shit up