Sign in to follow this  

Upgraded to big bars!

Can anyone help?  I just upgraded my stock bars and clamps from 7/8 to 1 1/8 bars.  When I put my new clamps on (renthal big bar) with pro taper contour bars, there is a gap between the top u shaped clamp and the bottom u shaped portion of the clamp?  

I have been told this is normal with big bars and big bar clamps?  can anyone tell me if this is correct?  its not a large gap only about 1/8 inch.  

Can anyone help?  I just upgraded my stock bars and clamps from 7/8 to 1 1/8 bars.  When I put my new clamps on (renthal big bar) with pro taper contour bars, there is a gap between the top u shaped clamp and the bottom u shaped portion of the clamp?  

I have been told this is normal with big bars and big bar clamps?  can anyone tell me if this is correct?  its not a large gap only about 1/8 inch.  

do the clamps are bars match?

did you work your way around and try to get an even match gap? is there more of A gap on one side or the other?

are they 2 single clamps or one big clamp?

is the bar locked tight?

Yes it is , all bars have some gap for clamping force , make sure your dots are on top and that the top of the clamp gap is slightly smaller than the rear of the clamp gap . This will keep them from slipping backwards . 

THE GAP IS EQUAL ON ALL SIDES.

IT IS TWO SEPERATE CLAMPS

THE BAR IS LOCKED TIGHT

THE CLAMPS ARE RENTHAL BRAND, BARS ARE PRO TAPER / THEY ARE BOTH 1 & 1/8 SIZE SO IT SHOULD NOT REALLY MATTER THEIR

Yes it is , all bars have some gap for clamping force , make sure your dots are on top and that the top of the clamp gap is slightly smaller than the rear of the clamp gap . This will keep them from slipping backwards . 

THANKS, AND BY TOP OF CLAMP DO YOU MEAN THE SIDE FACING THE FRONT OF THE BIKE?

THANKS, AND BY TOP OF CLAMP DO YOU MEAN THE SIDE FACING THE FRONT OF THE BIKE?

Yes , i got stuck somedays at our local dealership putting new bikes together from their crates when we would get a big bike order in . Most boring job ever on those days  :lame:

Yes , i got stuck somedays at our local dealership putting new bikes together from their crates when we would get a big bike order in . Most boring job ever on those days  :lame:

Well I appreciate the info!  I just wasn't quite sure.  I had other people tell me pretty much the same thing, but it is always good to get another opinion!

• Like 1

Well I appreciate the info!  I just wasn't quite sure.  I had other people tell me pretty much the same thing, but it is always good to get another opinion!

Always, I learn new tips and tricks on here daily , why i keep coming back  :thumbsup: I learned a long time ago if you stop listening you stop learning and if you stop learning , well your an Idiot .  :lol:

• Like 1

Theres No stupid questions, just stupid answers.

Edited by ridngslikecrack
  • Like 2

Refill your blinker fluid. Your blinker is low, which causes your bars and clamps to shrink.

• Like 1