JE TRX Piston Size

I have just received a JE TRX forged piston and am concerned that the size from the top of the gudgeon to top of piston is too tall.

The measurement to the outside rim of the piston is the same as the original stock piston I have removed but the JE has a raised bump that is about 2mm taller.

Is this going to be a problem? Pics to show the difference.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399349640.871641.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399349653.610002.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399349673.049843.jpg

Any pics of the bottom end assembled with the piston sitting in the bore, Would be good to see how much sits under & how much sits above the top of the cylinder? Looks perty
Going to get the exact same one myself soon

Pics of JE TRX 450R part number 247613 piston installed in 2007 CRF 450X.

Crank is at TDC and piston is approx. 1.5mm down from top of cylinder. Raised "bump" through centre of piston will be fine, may raise compression slightly.

Very impressed with the quality of the JE brand and having the extra ring puts my mind at ease about oil usage.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400245701.033029.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400245754.432359.jpg

• Like 2

The JE Piston is very nice

The JE is definatley the best quality I have seen, have installed a few wossner and Wiseco lately but this piston is the best out of all of them.
  • Like 1

These new pistons must last like 25hrs tops, there is no skirt there.

Most slipper pistons have small skirts...the JE has a skirt slightly wider than the OEM. 80 hrs racing, 150 hrs riding.

• Like 4

So does the TRX piston increase the compression in a CRF?

They sell a couple different Comp Ratios...a 12.8:1 and a 13.5:1.

Stock CRF is 12.0:1.

They sell a couple different Comp Ratios...a 12.8:1 and a 13.5:1.

Stock CRF is 12.0:1.

Thanks Paul!  12.8:1 with an 02 R cam on a port and polished head should make pretty good power on pump gas right?

Thanks Paul!  12.8:1 with an 02 R cam on a port and polished head should make pretty good power on pump gas right?

Excellent set up...it'll be a beast.

Thanks Paul! 12.8:1 with an 02 R cam on a port and polished head should make pretty good power on pump gas right?

This mod turns the X into a fire breathing dragon, power increase everywhere! And best of all, power delivery.
  • Like 1

I just thought I would add to this post that I couldn't be happier after my top end rebuild. That 02 cam is unreal.

My bike is now exactly where I wanted it to be, I found the FAQ's and everyone's help spot on the money.

I can't believe how much more power could be unleashed with these mods!ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1413796194.816633.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/16/2014 at 8:09 PM, Razman11 said:

Pics of JE TRX 450R part number 247613 piston installed in 2007 CRF 450X.

Crank is at TDC and piston is approx. 1.5mm down from top of cylinder. Raised "bump" through centre of piston will be fine, may raise compression slightly.

Very impressed with the quality of the JE brand and having the extra ring puts my mind at ease about oil usage.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400245701.033029.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1400245754.432359.jpg

I read where Wiseco makes the pistons for JE to their own specs!

8 hours ago, hockeyrick said:

I read where Wiseco makes the pistons for JE to their own specs!

Not true. The parent company (PMI) owns many companies in the motorsports arena, but they operate independently.

"Performance Motorsports was formed in June 1999 with the merger of Wiseco and JE Pistons. Wiseco and JE continued to operate independently in their respective markets but supported each other’s development through sharing of best practices."

• Like 2