Sign in to follow this  

New sprocket for the year?

Was just wondering if this looks to worn? Im still pretty new i dont kniw much abiut the sprocket im replacing the chain was wondering if i shoukd do sprocket now to. Thanks for all input and any replys!

1399349626858.jpg

1399349642475.jpg

1399349691292.jpg

CS sprocket looks pretty worn, can't really tell on the rear sprocket.

I would replace it all as a set, chain and both sprockets.

• Like 1

Front is bad.  Rear can't tell, need a profile shot.  Might as well replace it if it is as old as the front.  I like Sunstar. Lots of good brands. Even the inexpensive Rocky Mountain ATV house brand "Primary Drive" is not bad.

What size is the same as stock for the drz? Or close i got the 112 link chain about to order front and back susntar sprockets.

Yes, Chain and sprocket replacement time for sure......

Stock sprocket sizes =

S model is 15/44, SM is 15/41, E is 14/47....The 112 link will be ok for S and E...

Mate......If you like your current gearing , just count the teeth...... :excuseme:

Edited by Craigo 485sm

Was just wondering if this looks to worn? Im still pretty new i dont kniw much abiut the sprocket im replacing the chain was wondering if i shoukd do sprocket now to. Thanks for all input and any replys!

when you see the red dust everywhere, yes, they're done. that's chain death happening. 

your local bike shop may sell chain by the foot, just make sure it's an o or x ring chain, and get steel for both the front and rear sprockets. see the loctite fixes too, or you'll have a problem with the front before you know it. 

:)

How good are the pbis? I was thinking them but there all aluminum. How do they hold up? Should i really go with steel or aluminum will be ok and last close to that of steel?

How good are the pbis? I was thinking them but there all aluminum. How do they hold up? Should i really go with steel or aluminum will be ok and last close to that of steel?

I would go with steel.....jmo, but if you are going to the trouble of buying the whole set-up and starting over, you would be wise to go with something that will last.... ;)

• Like 4

Steel for the win. Aluminium rear sprockets are for racers with big deep pockets and a crew to change them out for you after each race day. Steel lasts way way longer and better overall for durability and maintainence. For sure get an O or X ring chain. They last longer too. Suzuki installed o ring chains for a reason. ebay has chain and sprocket sets from 69 to 80 dollars. Most sets with JT sprockets which are good ones. Good luck.

• Like 2

I already got a rk xw ring chain just need some sprockets for her to

Good chain. Are you looking for just inexpensive sprocket replacement or do you want higher end gear?

Im pretty much looking for inexpensive but i want quality parts that will last reguardless but if i can do that while keeping it cheap thats what i shoot for

• Like 1

I put a PBI 50 tooth on my husky 610 and a new RK oring chain and had no noticeable wear after 5k miles. The stock steel had noticeable wear after 4k miles....

Went with jt to save a lil cash. I cant wait to ride after all these fixes and mods

• Like 1

Im pretty much looking for inexpensive but i want quality parts that will last reguardless but if i can do that while keeping it cheap thats what i shoot for

Good strategy mate......Just be careful, the "modding bug" has a history of "biting hard" when it hits..... :shocked:  :)

• Like 1