Sign in to follow this  

2014 Rm-Z 250

Hey i recently got a 2014 250 and love it. The only thing I'm having trouble with really is I find the forks to be a pretty stiff set up. I'm 5'6 145lbs. Does anyone have any settings they've used that take that feeling away or should I just play around and see what works.

haha yea sorry wasn't really thinking.. I ride mostly Mx with a mix of terrain i would say more hard pack and about a mid pack B rider

Ok, that's better. Since its hard pack you going to want to have an end result of a more toward the soft side on compression and softer also on the rebound. These type of settings will allow your bike to absorb square edged bumps and will decrease headshake, while maintaining as much traction as possible

Start out with your clickers compression and rebound in the middle. I think it is 12 clicks out. Once you have all settings in middle. Go ride couple laps

Then, do this. Turn your preload knob on the right fork all the way out to MAX soft then turn it back in two clicks. Rule of thumb: NEVER HAVE CLICKERS MAXED OUT SOFT OR HARD

NEXT, turn your low speed compression on rear shock (counter clockwise 3 clicks). Then turn your high speed which is the socket knob on rear shock. (Turn this all the way in (clockwise) then turn it OUT 3 full turns.

Now on front fork, turn your compression (counter clockwise) 3 clicks. And turn your rebound on fork (2 clicks out). Also set your fork height within 3-6mm. Also set your rear Sag. Try 105-110mm on rear shock.

All these adjustments iv shared are only a general setting point. Because your springs are stock and you only weigh 150lbs. Naturally the bike is gonna fight you a bit. But if you are a quick B rider. It may work for you well

I also am a B rider and weigh 150lbs. Iv found that the bike works very well when the front end is set softer then the rear. Example. Front: 13 clicks out on comp. Rear: 12 clicks out on low speed comp.

We bought a leftover 2013 and I could not get the bike soft enough for my son. I used race tech,s spring rate calculator to determine the spring rate  .I think we put a .88 in the fork and a 5.2 in the shock. The bike is awesome now. My son races MX B rider and weighs 145. My suspention guy said to just do springs to see how he likes it. As of now we have no plans to do any valving. 

• Like 1

We bought a leftover 2013 and I could not get the bike soft enough for my son. I used race tech,s spring rate calculator to determine the spring rate  .I think we put a .88 in the fork and a 5.2 in the shock. The bike is awesome now. My son races MX B rider and weighs 145. My suspention guy said to just do springs to see how he likes it. As of now we have no plans to do any valving. 

I was just about to reply with the same, but you beat me to it. :thumbsup:

thanks a lot guys appreciate it, those settings definitely seemed to make a difference when i came into the square edge stuff. The old arms didn't seem to get beat up as quickly

• Like 1

thanks a lot guys appreciate it, those settings definitely seemed to make a difference when i came into the square edge stuff. The old arms didn't seem to get beat up as quickly

if want some other settings, let me know. I record all my settings for different tracks and dirt conditions