Sign in to follow this  

Actual 450rr weight,

Right out of the box and on to our warehouses digital shipping scale that was calibrated a weeks ago.

245 lbs. with out the battery.

249 lbs. with battery

The transmission came full but not the engine oil, so you'd need to add for about 1/2 liter of motor oil. I didn't include the skid plate on scale.    

FYI, the stock 2.5 two stroke tank will not fit the 4t, but the IMS does.   

I would be curious what wet weight is. One of these days soon I'll weigh my 14 300 race edition full of fluids, since my dad has bought the 498rr I will also be working on its wet weight as well.

Thanks for the info.

Mine as you see it here is right at about 320lbs:

100_2999-1.jpg

Keep in mind this is ready to ride. Fully loaded with 4 gallons in the tank,1.5 gallons in the tree hugger sack, spare tubes, tools, and all bagged up.

After the charity ride next week it will be stripped of everything but the stock 2 gallon tank and a top bag to carry my spare fuel. I'm willing to bet it will be right at about 270-280 lbs ready to ride.

My 2012 stock 450RR was 270lb with a full tank of gas.

Sounds about right. You start adding farklels and bling and next thing you know your pushing 280.

My 2014 520RS weighs in at 281.2 wet. 144.7 on the rear and 136.5 on the front. 

Hawai. Just to be clear that this is not directed at you but a general statement. I don't  think weight  is a issue for most of us  Beta 4stroke owners but I do think its important to keep things honest around here. We are at this point still a small group , market share, and rely heavily on information that gets shared and passed around by the members of this forum. We all know that there are more than enough fan boys and bling fairies and knot heads around if thats your thing but for me personally I'd prefer to see things truthful and accurate without a greater  hidden agenda like anything goes as long as its fuelling sales.If I wanted a bunch of bullshit and misinformation and promotions for swag I'd turn on the six o'clock news and its corresponding commercial content.Just sayin

Edited by widebear
  • Like 1

I don't know what my Beta weighs, but it feels a lot heavier than my old 2008 FE450, both when riding and picking it up. Granted, that was the pre-EFI model and was supposedly 240 lbs dry, so that was considered an incredibly light street-legal dirtbike. The 2 reasons I sold it for the Beta were that I couldn't find the larger gas tank (looked for months), and it held less than a quart of oil. I'm still happy I made the switch.

Hawai. Just to be clear that this is not directed at you but a general statement. I don't  think weight  is a issue for most of us  Beta 4stroke owners but I do think its important to keep things honest around here. We are at this point still a small group , market share, and rely heavily on information that gets shared and passed around by the members of this forum. We all know that there are more than enough fan boys and bling fairies and knot heads around if thats your thing but for me personally I'd prefer to see things truthful and accurate without a greater  hidden agenda like anything goes as long as its fuelling sales.If I wanted a bunch of bullshit and misinformation and promotions for swag I'd turn on the six o'clock news and its corresponding commercial content.Just sayin

OUCH! I'm a fanboy! But as you can see, weight is not such a big deal to me. I'm all about function over bling. Very true that by adding "farkles"stuff adds weight! For me, hand guards, skidplate, damper, and extra fuel are a MUST! The bags and spare tools, food, GPS, roll chart etc are more for comfort. 

My Beta is set up very strange. I have yet to see anyone who has a setup quite like mine. I know I'm not using it for it's intended purpose. But that's what I got it for. I wanted a bike that will do what the "adventure style" bikes will do. Sure it weighs a lot (for a dirt bike). No biggie. It is about 300lbs lighter than the big daddy's and will go anywhere, on any hard core trail.

The Beta will never be an adventure bike being it's a 20/80 vs most ADV bikes being 80/20. My GS1200 ADV weighs in at 527 lbs. and has a range of 490 miles on the stock 9 gal. tank. I really can't see it doing 17,000 mile round trips to Alaska like I've done twice. It will also carry 478 lbs of rider and luggage. I can kinda understand your thinking for the shorter in state trips but ripping off thousands of miles a month at a time I don't see happening. I'm not a fanboy of any manufacture but just buy the proper bike for the intended riding.

Widebear . I took my bike to be weighed myself.. If you think I'm lying &%$#@! you. I don't bullshit. Sure I love my bike and the brand because I really enjoy the bike. But it is like I said. If you don't like it go to your own weigh station  bring a 2009 Beta 525 RS that is in stock trim fill the tank halfway and you tell me what it is.  ..but &%$#@! you for calling me a liar.  What did you take your prick pills today? Look at the weight... Doesn't it make perfect sense for it to be 272?

2009-beta-525-RS.jpg
2009 Beta
525 RS
MSRP $8,999

Back for 2009 are the 525 RS model. These 50-state street legal Dual Sports are the big brothers to the RR models. Designed for the serious dual sport customer. With suspension settings similar to the off-road versions, these bikes are for the rider who demands better performance.

This bike is not yet rated.

Specifications

Year
Manufacturer
Model
Engine Type
Engine Displacement
Bore & Stroke
Compression Ratio
Cooling
Fuel System
Ignition
Starting System
Transmission
Final Drive
Rake and Trail
Wheel Base
Seat Height
Front Suspension
Rear Suspension
Front Brake
Rear Brake
Front Tire
Rear Tire
Fuel Capacity
Dry Weight
MSRP
Beta
525 RS
Four stroke, four valve, single overhead camshaft
510cc
95 x 72mm
11:1
Liquid cooled
Keihin FCR-39mm Carburator
DC-CDI with variable ignition timing, Kokusan
Electric start with back up kick starter
6 speed
O-ring chain
NA
58.6 in
37 in
Pirelli MT21 Dual Sport
Sachs shock w/adjustable rebound and compression
255mm floating Braking Wave rotor
240mm Braking Wave rotor
Pirelli MT21 Dual Sport 21"
Pirelli MT21 Dual Sport 18"
2.24 US gallons
254 lbs
$8,999
Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Widebear . I took my bike to be weighed myself.. If you think I'm lying &%$#@! you. I don't bullshit. Sure I love my bike and the brand because I really enjoy the bike. But it is like I said. If you don't like it go to your own weigh station bring a 2009 Beta 525 RS that is in stock trim fill the tank halfway and you tell me what it is. ..but &%$#@! you for calling me a liar.

Just blame it on widebears pain meds. LOL!!

I think you are spot on with the weight.

• Like 1

The Beta will never be an adventure bike being it's a 20/80 vs most ADV bikes being 80/20. My GS1200 ADV weighs in at 527 lbs. and has a range of 490 miles on the stock 9 gal. tank. I really can't see it doing 17,000 mile round trips to Alaska like I've done twice. It will also carry 478 lbs of rider and luggage. I can kinda understand your thinking for the shorter in state trips but ripping off thousands of miles a month at a time I don't see happening. I'm not a fanboy of any manufacture but just buy the proper bike for the intended riding.

Who said anything about a 17,000 mile trip? I'm on a budget and can't afford a different bike for every riding scenario.

One thing for sure, no 600lb GS is going to peel off 300 miles of pavement and turn off into miles of singletrack bliss.

Funny thing how some guys really get caught up into the weight issue.

Who said anything about a 17,000 mile trip? I'm on a budget and can't afford a different bike for every riding scenario.

One thing for sure, no 600lb GS is going to peel off 300 miles of pavement and turn off into miles of singletrack bliss.

Funny thing how some guys really get caught up into the weight issue.

The old boxer has done well over the years in the Paris Dakar race. Seems they did well in sand dunes for endless miles, not bad for an old girl. I can't recall any Beta's winning but then again I never looked it up. Not sure why you say they are 600lb, unless it's like guys comparing anatomy. I've done thousand of miles of single tracks with mine. In Alaska and the Yukon we had 450+ mile days on gravel and still did single tracks. Riding a larger ADV bike doesn't wear you out on the road like the smaller bikes. My old 99 GS 1150 was a great bike. Sold it with 215,000 miles on it and it ran prefect, never had the engine apart. Last I heard It was knocking on the 315,000 mile door. Think your Beta will accomplish that? Just because it's big don't mean it won't do it. The limiting factor is the rider, not the bike. Just like a fast bike in the hands of a slow rider is still a slow rider. Weight won't break the deal for me, less weight is a plus though. The interesting thing would be if everyone listed the weight of their bike with them on it. Then you would see some drastic ranges. I understand the budget part but any bike that shares the road and dirt is a compromise. You just have to decide where you want to spend the majority of your time riding.

Widebear . I took my bike to be weighed myself.. If you think I'm lying &%$#@! you. I don't bullshit. Sure I love my bike and the brand because I really enjoy the bike. But it is like I said. If you don't like it go to your own weigh station  bring a 2009 Beta 525 RS that is in stock trim fill the tank halfway and you tell me what it is.  ..but &%$#@! you for calling me a liar.  What did you take your prick pills today? Look at the weight... Doesn't it make perfect sense for it to be 272?

2009-beta-525-RS.jpg
2009 Beta
525 RS
MSRP $8,999

Back for 2009 are the 525 RS model. These 50-state street legal Dual Sports are the big brothers to the RR models. Designed for the serious dual sport customer. With suspension settings similar to the off-road versions, these bikes are for the rider who demands better performance.

This bike is not yet rated.

Specifications

Year
Manufacturer
Model
Engine Type
Engine Displacement
Bore & Stroke
Compression Ratio
Cooling
Fuel System
Ignition
Starting System
Transmission
Final Drive
Rake and Trail
Wheel Base
Seat Height
Front Suspension
Rear Suspension
Front Brake
Rear Brake
Front Tire
Rear Tire
Fuel Capacity
Dry Weight
MSRP
Beta
525 RS
Four stroke, four valve, single overhead camshaft
510cc
95 x 72mm
11:1
Liquid cooled
Keihin FCR-39mm Carburator
DC-CDI with variable ignition timing, Kokusan
Electric start with back up kick starter
6 speed
O-ring chain
NA
58.6 in
37 in
Pirelli MT21 Dual Sport
Sachs shock w/adjustable rebound and compression
255mm floating Braking Wave rotor
240mm Braking Wave rotor
Pirelli MT21 Dual Sport 21"
Pirelli MT21 Dual Sport 18"
2.24 US gallons
254 lbs
$8,999

I swear on my mothers grave I wasn't pointing fingers at you.To funny.

I swear on my mothers grave I wasn't pointing fingers at you.To funny.

Hey it's a weird way of not pointing fingers.. by  addressing me directly.. It isn't funny to me.. Tell me if it was the other way around could you take it any other way? No.. Hey I know you aren't feeling well.     ..You must be hurting if you were in intensive care. ..I wish you well and to get better fast..... but really . I don't bullshit.  ..but tell me..Where and what posts that have been put up that have led you to your particular expression laid out in your post?  Are there elements of  "bs" that you don't agree with?  I figure I must be a leader in this even though you say I'm not ..but you address me. Can you point out some particular stuff that you don't appreciate and find detrimental to our small Beta community? ....  cause I don't think there's anything here that's bs like you spell it out. .. I don't start out by saying widebear then saying it's not about you then lay some crap out like it's not me saying it..  Get better so you can go ride.

Cmon Hawaii your reading something that isn't there. I guess I could of started a new thread but  instead used your;s as a jumping of point because of your  excellent point that the weight doesn't matter to you, same .  Bear in mind I took pains not once but  twice to point out, that I wasn't directing anything at you. Trust me friend my balls are just fine  I don't need to hide behind innuendo.  I don't  have a problem telling  it  to you or anybody else straight up. Sorry you took it personal bud.