Sign in to follow this  

TE 449 exhaust

I recently bought a 2014 TE 449.  I am looking to upgrade the exhaust system.  I don't want to pay $1500 for the Akrapovik system, but I found a TC 449 FMF power bomb header.  I don't imagine a lot of difference in the engine position and exhaust routing between the TE and TC.  I can't tell a difference from looking.  Does anyone have any experience in doing this modification? Thanks

I recently bought a 2014 TE 449.  I am looking to upgrade the exhaust system.  I don't want to pay $1500 for the Akrapovik system, but I found a TC 449 FMF power bomb header.  I don't imagine a lot of difference in the engine position and exhaust routing between the TE and TC.  I can't tell a difference from looking.  Does anyone have any experience in doing this modification? Thanks

Decat the stock muffler.

You will tell the difference

IMO, you don't need a header for the TE.  An FMF Q4 slip on with quiet insert will do just fine.  You need the quiet insert for back pressure to keep the bike from leaning out too much.  Even with the quiet insert, the bike will lean out, so I'd recommend the JD tuner to richen things up.  There are other approaches that work well and cost more or less, but this is the approach that has worked well for me and many tohers at a reasonable price.