My wife raced my DRZ at Sears Point

My wifes race bike (ex650) spun a bearing so I let her race my DRZ400 this last weekend with AFM at Sears Point. She's only ridden the DRZ once on the track but it's such an easy bike to ride she felt comfortable right away. After two days of racing she ended up with 2 trophies and a cramp in her face from smiling so much! lol  Not sure if I'm gonna get my bike back now lol. The DRZ got lots of attention at the track...everyone loves em!

20140504_093517.jpg

10257914_10202643336178033_422083504900191365_o.jpg

10259854_10202525754559354_4164255268160825098_n.jpg

20140504_163720.jpg

• Like 9

heh, sweet!

did you see me ride by your pit like 4 times and wave each time?  i was on the KLX (SM) and my buddy was on the white DR650.  we kept parking right on the other side of your pit.

was really cool to see the drz on the track.  what lap times was she pulling?

heh, sweet!

did you see me ride by your pit like 4 times and wave each time?  i was on the KLX (SM) and my buddy was on the white DR650.  we kept parking right on the other side of your pit.

was really cool to see the drz on the track.  what lap times was she pulling?

ha...I did see you guys..a couple times!

She was doing 2:08's which isn't too bad on a drz...it's only her second race.

• Like 2

ha...I did see you guys..a couple times!

She was doing 2:08's which isn't too bad on a drz...it's only her second race.

damn!  2:08 is awesome considering the big boys were getting around in the 1:36 range.

sounds (and looks) like you have the wife of the century.   ?  :ride:  ?

Very nice,  is your drz still street legal?  do you guys remove the lights to save weight?

I still commute to work on the bike...just removed the rear lights and turn signals...head light was still on it... just taped up.

damn!  2:08 is awesome considering the big boys were getting around in the 1:36 range.

sounds (and looks) like you have the wife of the century.   ?  :ride:  ?

thanks, yah she's awesome.   The guy pitted next to us was on a 07 R1 superbike and he was only 9 seconds faster with 170 horsepower lol

• Like 1

Your wife has me beat! I took my 434 up there last year and did a 2:19 for my first track day on the Dizzer. I just couldn't get the last turn right the way they had it laid out with cones going into the straight. I crawled through there for some reason. I just couldn't put it together.

Your wife has me beat! I took my 434 up there last year and did a 2:19 for my first track day on the Dizzer. I just couldn't get the last turn right the way they had it laid out with cones going into the straight. I crawled through there for some reason. I just couldn't put it together.

Yah that last turn is a tricky one...it's hard to look through the turn because of the wall and it tightens up at the exit.

There's a bitter-sweet side to watching your one-and-only bride on the track, isn't there? On your bike, doubly so!

Great to see her getting out there & giving it the beans: might be there's another DRz in your family's immediate future?

My Mrs was offered a 'squirt' on a 750 turbo Kawa drag-bike - and beat the National class record! Drag-racing wasn't for her ("Why would I want to put on women's clothing to go racing? I do that for work every day!" - smart-ass!) Then she started racing a Classic 450 Ducati and was leading the series (men and women) till she reached 101% of grip holding off a 750 Honda (okay, it was a tight track!) last corner, last lap, and went down, feet first into a barrier, breaking her back. She's okay now, but has a bit of a spinal offset (so yes, she's kinky), but stopped racing bikes right there. She tried racing cars - didn't like seeing the wheels on an open-wheeler moving around and did a two-day course in saloons. Despite being second-fastest, she said it was boring, watching the scenery through a window...

Smooth & gentle, slow in, fast out ... where have I heard that before...?

• Like 2

There's a bitter-sweet side to watching your one-and-only bride on the track, isn't there? On your bike, doubly so!

Great to see her getting out there & giving it the beans: might be there's another DRz in your family's immediate future?

My Mrs was offered a 'squirt' on a 750 turbo Kawa drag-bike - and beat the National class record! Drag-racing wasn't for her ("Why would I want to put on women's clothing to go racing? I do that for work every day!" - smart-ass!) Then she started racing a Classic 450 Ducati and was leading the series (men and women) till she reached 101% of grip holding off a 750 Honda (okay, it was a tight track!) last corner, last lap, and went down, feet first into a barrier, breaking her back. She's okay now, but has a bit of a spinal offset (so yes, she's kinky), but stopped racing bikes right there. She tried racing cars - didn't like seeing the wheels on an open-wheeler moving around and did a two-day course in saloons. Despite being second-fastest, she said it was boring, watching the scenery through a window...

Smooth & gentle, slow in, fast out ... where have I heard that before...

Yah it's pretty cool having a wife like that but I do worry about her getting hurt....but on the flip side...she worries about me too so it's only fair she gets to do it as well.  She definetley wants another drz lol.  

Your wife sounds awesome too! ?

looks awesome. the waethe was pretty nice for a day at the track. was it windy ? couldn't make it this weekend but was able to take a ride though napa on friday and enjoy the road. your wife is an amazing woman for getting out there and putting down numbers like that on the big track.

• Like 1

looks awesome. the waethe was pretty nice for a day at the track. was it windy ? couldn't make it this weekend but was able to take a ride though napa on friday and enjoy the road. your wife is an amazing woman for getting out there and putting down numbers like that on the big track.

yah, it was pretty damn windy out there on saturday at least.  didn't make it miserable, as ive been to this event when it was 95+ degrees out.  i bet it must feel weird to be pushing a bike to the limit then having the wind push you over just a bit further!   :crazy:

yah, it was pretty damn windy out there on saturday at least.  didn't make it miserable, as ive been to this event when it was 95+ degrees out.  i bet it must feel weird to be pushing a bike to the limit then having the wind push you over just a bit further!   :crazy:

She raced the last race of the day on Sat at 6:00!    It was cold and VERY windy. She was exhausted when she came off the track from fighting the bike in wind gusts...thinking about cutting the radiator shrouds down.