Proper amount of Fork Oil

Just changed my fork seals and all that jazz and now my service manual isnt working. Anyone have any idea what is suggested in a 2009 450?

Just changed my fork seals and all that jazz and now my service manual isnt working. Anyone have any idea what is suggested in a 2009 450?

340's a good number to start depending on your weight.

340's a good number to start depending on your weight.

Ima fat shit lol. 225 ish.

Ima fat shit lol. 225 ish.

Haha the last guy I mentioned weight to in this forum put on a tutu and threw a tantrum so I wasn't going to go there lol

Edited by nesc103y

Haha the last guy I mentioned weight to in this forum put on a tutu and threw a tantrum so I wasn't going to go there lol

Haha, its no biggie. Im a big boy. If people get butt hurt over that the idk what to tell em.

Service manual specs:

Fork Tube - 350 cm3

Fork Damper - 201 cm3

Service manual specs:

Fork Tube - 350 cm3

Fork Damper - 201 cm3

Thank you sir. I went with 360. I thought it was 350, so i went a little over. Knew the damper though.

stiffer springs and lower oil level....

i hope you got some stiffies in there.

im 180 and run .50 with 3mm preload instead of 7 stock. 320cc

stiffer springs and lower oil level....

i hope you got some stiffies in there.

im 180 and run .50 with 3mm preload instead of 7 stock. 320cc

Im at .48 springs. I can say that i havent messed with the preload. Its at the stock 7mm.

Im at .48 springs. I can say that i havent messed with the preload. Its at the stock 7mm.

Id have you drop some coin on a stiffer spring. It'll change the world for you. Id have you looking for a set of .52KG/MM (not Newton) with 4mm of preload. Drop the oil level to 340 and add a .10mm to the clamp on the mid valve.

Springs alone would be huge for you though.

Well a lot has to to with skill level and where its being ridden. .48 might be ok if ridden in tight woods with a beginner. 

but if mx ridden yeah .48 isn't going to cut it. That wouldnt even work for a 160lb rider.

Id have you drop some coin on a stiffer spring. It'll change the world for you. Id have you looking for a set of .52KG/MM (not Newton) with 4mm of preload. Drop the oil level to 340 and add a .10mm to the clamp on the mid valve.

Springs alone would be huge for you though.

Well. ill have to look into this. Im all sorts of not knowing when it comes to suspension. Ill admit that. Im probably going to have to find someone to do this for me then. Considering ive had this bike for a month or so, i was just trying to make it rideable but guess ill have to do this to get it all dialed. Truth be told, im a c class rider. Im not trying to do anything crazy, just out there to have fun. Guess this is where i start

If you can change the oil, you can swap the springs. Leave the rest alone until youve ridden it afterwards.

If you can change the oil, you can swap the springs. Leave the rest alone until youve ridden it afterwards.

yes.

you loosen 2 more things than an oil change

its really cake.

yes.

you loosen 2 more things than an oil change

its really cake.

I mean I did my seals and bushings myself, there really isnt much to forks. Guess ill have to do some research on the proper springs i should put into it.