Sign in to follow this  

250 2ts for taller riders

Are any of the late model Jap 250 2ts more suited to taller riders than others?

I'm 6ft3 and currently on a 12 KX450 which fits like a glove from factory with its adjustable options, would love something similar to that. Have had a RM250 and was never super comfortable on that even with higher bars, just still felt a bit cramped for my liking.   

Who else is around that height, and what bike feels most comfortable for you?

Are any of the late model Jap 250 2ts more suited to taller riders than others?

I'm 6ft3 and currently on a 12 KX450 which fits like a glove from factory with its adjustable options, would love something similar to that. Have had a RM250 and was never super comfortable on that even with higher bars, just still felt a bit cramped for my liking.   

Who else is around that height, and what bike feels most comfortable for you?

I'm 6'2", I ride a YZ250 with a short riser/adapter for Renthal Twinwalls (CR High). I feel pretty comfortable on my bike, I've yet to be in a situation where I feel cramped. I believe the YZ seat height is a couple inches taller than the RM, but I'm not positive. The YZ seat height is 39.1inches, if that helps. There are linkage kits you can get to raise the rear a bit, and forks can be adjusted a bit within the triple clamps, but you're only looking at a couple inches rise really.