Sign in to follow this  

Chest protection - Fox Airframe vs Thor Quadrant?

Does anyone have any hands on experience with both the Fox Airframe and Thor Quadrant? The Airframe is about $120 and the Quadrant is about $70.. Is there any reason to buy the Airframe for the extra $50? I'm not a small guy at 5'11 220lbs if that makes a difference. I will be riding trails..

Does anyone have any hands on experience with both the Fox Airframe and Thor Quadrant? The Airframe is about $120 and the Quadrant is about $70.. Is there any reason to buy the Airframe for the extra $50? I'm not a small guy at 5'11 220lbs if that makes a difference. I will be riding trails..

I was looking at the Quadrant for a long while, and ended up settling on the Leatt Adventure Lite. Similar size and weight, but fits better with a neck brace if you decide to use one. Small enough to use under a jersey but suitable over as well (I wear it over if/when I'm using it). I'm quite tall (6'2") and it fits me comfortably. Solidly built with good adjustment options, seems a bit more diverse than the Thor (which is hard for me to say, as I'm typically a bit of a Thor fanboy, minus their boots). I picked it up online for just over $100. I know I'm just adding to your indecision, but it's something to consider  :thumbsup:

I own both. The quadrant isnt bad but its noticeably heavier than the fox air frame. The air frame has better shoulder protection and covers the torso better than the quadrant. As already mentioned, Leatte has high quality products and cant go wrong there either but plan on spending more than $120 if you go that route.

I own both. The quadrant isnt bad but its noticeably heavier than the fox air frame. The air frame has better shoulder protection and covers the torso better than the quadrant. As already mentioned, Leatte has high quality products and cant go wrong there either but plan on spending more than $120 if you go that route.

I am 6'3" 220lbs, went with the XL Fox Airframe because it had thicker shoulder pads and wider kidney protection 

Looks like I'm ordering the Airframe..