Sign in to follow this  

Considering a 1984 KLR 600 any advice?

Hello;

I am considering the purchase of a 19984 KLR 600, it has 6,000 miles on it and the guy wants $1,300.00 for it. Do any of you have any advice on these bikes? I am not looking for the thrill of a life time or hard core dirt riding. I am mostly looking for something to dependable to do some trail riding in Colorado. If any of you have had experience with these bike or have any other advice to offer it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I loved line for what it was. A way better dirk bike than the 650. Search my name and find my build thread. The suspension work I did on mine made a huge difference. I've considered buying mine back. Wife and I road 2 up many days. For for roads and the occasional single track it'll be fine. I wouldn't pay more than 1200 for one in perfect condition. Keep in mind it's almost 30 years old. I'd say offer 900 and go from there

So I bought the bike, paid the $1,300.00 he was asking, I live in Denver and there hasn't been much available. I saw some newer KLR's, one in particular was $1,250.00, it had 28,000 miles on it. The bike I bought has only 6,660. The bike runs very strong and will take some getting used to. I stand about 5'7, sitting on the bike the balls of my feet touch the ground. Can these bikes be lowered? And do these bikes have the "doohickey" issues I read about with the newer KLR's?