Sherco

Gonna make it in the US? Can Clay make it pay on the measly volume Sherco can generate. What else has he got going?

Edited by YHGEORGE

Sherco's numbers aren't measly. I made the major error of putting most of my cash into parts (The cash I didn't lose from the other brand I sold) and didn't leave enough reserve to buy bikes. The lack of Shercos isn't Sherco's fault, it's mine. I think I will have this issue correct by the time the 2015s arrive in September.

I also have something else working which I will be able to discuss in more detail later in the year.

If you want to know things like this, don't put it out to others to answer. You're welcome to ask me. I'm pretty transparent in my business operations and I am not going to blame others for my mistakes.

Clay

I have talked with Clay several times on the phone as well as emails and he seems very transparent. From what he has told me he sold enough bikes that the other brands better start noticing them. The bikes do handle very well, appear to be reliable and have less maintenance (based on owners/racer reports) compared to my Beta. If you don't look at these bikes when buying, you are not doing yourself justices. Plus for me is Clay will ship you a bike if you are not near or not working with a dealer. Some don't like this idea but dealers don't make money selling bikes, parts are the real money makers,,,,, well unless you're a dealer that sells at MSRP +fright and set-up.

OK, I was just wondering from an economic standpoint. Nothing convoluted, nothing sinister. And NOTHING PERSONAL!!!! Jiminee Christmas.

I have talked with Clay several times on the phone as well as emails and he seems very transparent. From what he has told me he sold enough bikes that the other brands better start noticing them. The bikes do handle very well, appear to be reliable and have less maintenance (based on owners/racer reports) compared to my Beta. If you don't look at these bikes when buying, you are not doing yourself justices. Plus for me is Clay will ship you a bike if you are not near or not working with a dealer. Some don't like this idea but dealers don't make money selling bikes, parts are the real money makers,,,,, well unless you're a dealer that sells at MSRP +fright and set-up.

Great! Sounds like you are a new Sherco Owner.. You can put up your Beta for sale and get one of those pretty blue motorcycles. They do look first quality.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

The Sherco is a great bike I'd like to see them do well regarding sales

Is Clay the distributor?

That's 300i of Shercos has always peaked my interest but I dont think my fat ass is good enough for that bike...

Edited by Monk

The 300 4 stroke weighs like nothing. A two strokes bound to feel like a mtn bike

The 300 4 stroke weighs like nothing. A two strokes bound to feel like a mtn bike

sherco 2t - 105 kgs

sherco 4t - 102 kgs

sherco 2t - 105 kgs

sherco 4t - 102 kgs

That because of the beefy electric start needed on two strokes?

2t's have heavier flywheel and crank I believe, both 4t and 2t have electric start. regardless, both bikes are very light. 

Only thing I've been concerned about is no manual kicker but I don't know if that's still the same.

Great! Sounds like you are a new Sherco Owner.. You can put up your Beta for sale and get one of those pretty blue motorcycles. They do look first quality.

Can't afford to sell the Beta, also I finally got it working good. Sherco is for my son, needed a light weight smaller framed bike that was a 4t. Now it just needs to come in!

Only thing I've been concerned about is no manual kicker but I don't know if that's still the same.

After kicking my Beta when the battery died, it's a part not worth having with these modern 4t. Just too much compression for an average guy's leg! Even my 250 husky I couldn't start easily by the kicker.

Edited by weantright

After kicking my Beta when the battery died, it's a part not worth having with these modern 4t. Just too much compression for an average guy's leg! Even my 250 husky I couldn't start easily by the kicker.

great post

Does Canada have any 2014 300i they can lend Clay?? Need a bike by June 1 for a scheduled ride.

Canada and USA always help each other out when we can both with bikes and parts, I'm mostly sold out now and the next container is on the ocean and mostly sold out also. 

Mostly sold out?? Is that a solid possible maybe?