How much does your shop charge for a tire change?

My local shop charges $66 for each. I feel like this is kind of a rip off but don't know if it's worth it to buy a press and spoons to use on 3 tires every 2 years.

keep calling  around, thats a pretty fat rip.  

found a local place that mounted and balanced my two tires for 50, and if you buy the tires through them its free, but i didn't realize that til after i had already purchased mine.

Edited by jreed1337

Cost varies widely. Where the tires are purchased and if the wheel is a carry in.  Don't know local cost, I have never paid for a tire mount.

I just got my rear tire replaced. Took the wheel off and brought him a tire I bought online. Only took 15 minutes including the time to balance it, cost $14 B)

Edited by Bmor89

20 bucks at cms

10 bucks if you bring em the wheel,  25 if its on the bike. 

10 bucks if you bring em the wheel,  25 if its on the bike. 

damn, where do you go??

damn, thats not at all what the store in fairfield qouted me.  she said 80 bucks for the pair but they would need to keep the wheels for a couple days.   :excuseme:

damn, thats not at all what the store in fairfield qouted me.  she said 80 bucks for the pair but they would need to keep the wheels for a couple days.   :excuseme:

Cycle year in Santa Rosa won't even do tires anymore the last time I checked. Plus our CG burnt down a few weeks ago.

I go to The motorcycle shop on Piner and he only charges $10-15 a tire on the bike and I always bring in a online bought tire.

$25 wheel off bike, unless I but the tire from the shop then the mount is free

Edited by dirtbikeking843

Buy tire in house  wheel on bike $49.50

Buy tire in house wheel only, $24.25
Bring tire wheel on bike $75.00

Bring tire wheel only $37.50

My local shop charges $66 for each. I feel like this is kind of a rip off but don't know if it's worth it to buy a press and spoons to use on 3 tires every 2 years.

I get tires changed and turned for free when ever I want at my local bike shop. Normally $15.00 but free with any tire purchase from the shop. Note, I'm in Australia.

Most places around me charge around $30-40 / wheel (off bike).  I got a bead breaker, wheel balancer, and some tire irons at Harbor Freight for around $70 total so it's paid for itself after changing 2 tires.

$1.75 on or off the bike

Changing tires is easy and a good skill to have. You can also balance tires at home yourself. Just need wheel weights and a couple pieces of 2x4 for a stand. Dirt bike tires don't need to be balanced.

$1.75 on or off the bike

:lol: . why even bother. Might as well make customers happier and not charge at all.

:lol: . why even bother. Might as well make customers happier and not charge at all.

It's making a living in Central America

Changing tires is easy and a good skill to have. You can also balance tires at home yourself. Just need wheel weights and a couple pieces of 2x4 for a stand. Dirt bike tires don't need to be balanced.

You can statically balance a tire that way.. but it's only half the job.

Waste of time and not really the way you want to balance a street wheel.

Dynamically balancing is the better way and well worth the effort and cost. 

I bought a Snap On dynamic balancer for under $400 used... Many good deals are out there.

Worst deal ever!   :lame:

Buy tire in house  wheel on bike $49.50

Buy tire in house wheel only, $24.25

Bring tire wheel on bike $75.00

Bring tire wheel only $37.50

Very expensive IMO.