Sign in to follow this  

California 49er Family Enduro is this Saturday.

Some friends of mine are heading up Saturday to ride (not the enduro) and want to stay out of everyone's way.  Does this course usually extend to Elkins Flat?  Caldor?  They just need to know where to stage and which direction to ride to avoid traffic (especially of the head-on, at-speed type).    

Some friends of mine are heading up Saturday to ride (not the enduro) and want to stay out of everyone's way.  Does this course usually extend to Elkins Flat?  Caldor?  They just need to know where to stage and which direction to ride to avoid traffic (especially of the head-on, at-speed type).    

we are using both sides, for the  Elkins side  were using everything south of Cat creek rd… Please please if they happen on the trails go with the arrows, and be cautious of the transfer roads , we had a sweeper last year get in a head on with someone going opposite of the arrows. Lucky no one was hurt but bikes got mangled pretty good, and thankfully it wasn't a 10 year old kid on a 65!  This is a family enduro so were gonna have a lot of kids on the course out there Saturday, Ride with CAUTION!

As somebody that has sweeped many of these, I would much rather see guys ( not in the event) get on the course and follow the arrows, rather than try to leap frog trails, not knowing if were coming or going.  

Were staging at the Gold Note OHV staging area. 

http://www.polkadotsmc.com/images/Directions_to_Gold_Note_OHV.pdf