Ktm 150sx or kx 125 or Yz 125

I want to move up from a 150r to one of the bikes posted above.. I'm 5'8'' and 140 pounds and I want more power and a faster bike.. My friends tell me all these bikes are good but idk what to get. I am quite experienced but still learning but I am ready for a bigger bike.. I don't race, I just ride trails.. But I want to know which bike is best

So your not thinking about a 250 F at all? I'm 67 kg (147 pounds) 5,10-5,11. I'm thinking of either 250F or 250 2T or 125 2T and I'll be doing woods riding to.

Just get what ever you find a good deal on the yz is a very good bike but they have not changed since 06 besides BNG. As the OP stated above did you consider a 250f?

I guess I could get a 250 but aren't the 125s a little smaller?

From a 150r, a 250f will feel like a more natural transition because it will have a broad powerband like the 150r. If you want to try a 2 stroke, you better be ready to completely change your riding style. If you ride with friends I can almost guarantee you will hold them up as a 2 stroke, especially a 125, needs to be ridden aggressively. If you already have an aggressive style then it might be a lot easier for you.

Adding onto the last post, a 250 two stroke is also a good option, it's just a lot of bike with basically two times the horsepower of your 150r. I would recommend at least riding a 125 for comparison. If you can master a 125 (which takes years) you will be an incredibly fast and capable rider!

My dad found a nice 250 F,so we decided to go the 4 stroke way and were going to get it this afternoon :) . The funny thing is the 250 F is lighter than the 125 we were looking at. + the 250 F are little taller but only like 40mm.

Edited by DunnyDiver_3_2_1

Oh ok! Ill look into some 250's! Which 250 is best so you think? Kx250? Or crf250? And thanks for the replies!

Oh ok! Ill look into some 250's! Which 250 is best so you think? Kx250? Or crf250? And thanks for the replies!

My dad found a nice 250 F,so we decided to go the 4 stroke way and were going to get it this afternoon :) . The funny thing is the 250 F is lighter than the 125 we were looking at. + the 250 F are little taller but only like 40mm.

What bike?  I would be extremely surprised if a 250F was lighter than a 125

I want to move up from a 150r to one of the bikes posted above.. I'm 5'8'' and 140 pounds and I want more power and a faster bike.. My friends tell me all these bikes are good but idk what to get. I am quite experienced but still learning but I am ready for a bigger bike.. I don't race, I just ride trails.. But I want to know which bike is best

trust me when i say this hands down you want a kawi. I've had a lot of different make and model bikes and kawi is so far the most reliable especially two stroke wise. dont get a two fifty four stroke the 4t racin bikes are wayyyy too much maintenance and they get the weirdest problems that are nearly undiagnosable. Id go 125 if i were you. They are lighter, lots of power, reliable, and low maintenence. You def. wanna go kawisaki.

[><] - Burnin the freakin dirt up - [><]

Ok I'll look at some kx125's . Thanks for the reply!

Ok I'll look at some kx125's . Thanks for the reply!

the YZ 125 and 150 SX are better bike's, look for those instead 

Ok now idk what to get.. I'll look for all of them and I'll get the best deal

No no, you want to be looking at RM125s. Come on now.

Are the rm125s good?

What bike?  I would be extremely surprised if a 250F was lighter than a 125

My 2005 KX 250F was only 1 kg lighter than the 2004 KTM 125sx we were looking at. Anyways, we went riding on the bike this Saturday and the bike was perfect, although i did come home with a broken wrist.

You were lied to then. NO WAY will you find a 250f as light as a 125 2 stroke, not possible....unless the tires are filled with sand.

Here's an example http://dirt-bikes.findthebest.com/compare/70-714/2012-Kawasaki-KX250F-vs-2013-Yamaha-YZ125

You were lied to then. NO WAY will you find a 250f as light as a 125 2 stroke, not possible....unless the tires are filled with sand.

Here's an example http://dirt-bikes.findthebest.com/compare/70-714/2012-Kawasaki-KX250F-vs-2013-Yamaha-YZ125

Well, maybe it was wrong, but the KX250F is still a great bike and it feels so light. Ethantremblay the 250F is a great bike and I'm not favouring either 2T or 4T or any particular brand. 

Edited by DunnyDiver_3_2_1

I'd go with the ktm 150sx. It will make the transition from 4 stroke to 2 stroke a little easier. The 150sx is a happy medium between a 250 2 stroke and a 125 and IMO is the best bet for you. 

Ok thanks for the replies guys!!