Sign in to follow this  

2006 yz carb is leaking gas from float bowl intermittently?

I rebuilt the carb and after about 4 hours of riding time logged, it leaks sometimes from the float bowl hose (the hose that when the allen is loosened, it drains the bowl.) It was warmer then usual today but it left a puddle of gas when i shut the bike off and put it on my bucket. When i built the carb, i didn't notice any gaskets??? just the allen screw.

The allen screw does not require removal to drain the bowl, but if there is trash in there that is keeping it from fully closing, you will have to remove it.  Check for pitting or corrosion that would keep it from seating completely.  Its possible there is still garbage coming thru the fuel from the tank. 

I'm pretty new to these carbs but if I'm not mistaken, if the float valve does not seat/seal completely, the bowl will over fill and drain out via the same hose.  I assume this is to prevent the fuel from running into the engine. 

This was the first problem I addressed with my new to me 250.

I'm pretty new to these carbs but if I'm not mistaken, if the float valve does not seat/seal completely, the bowl will over fill and drain out via the same hose.  I assume this is to prevent the fuel from running into the engine. 

This was the first problem I addressed with my new to me 250.

Not quite.  The drain line is totally separate from the overflow.

Check your float level, it may be too high and causing a slight dribble from the overflow.

Also, the float valve may be leaking from trash flowing from the tank.  There is a rubber point on the end of the float valve that seals the hole and they get old and hard with time and won't seal, may need replaced.