Sign in to follow this  

Distance sender

2004 CRF250X. My distance sender is squealing really loud and hasn't worked in a long time. Considering they want $80 for a new one, how can I just get rid of it, similar to the CRF250R? 

You can unscrew the lower end of the cable from the hub.  It's the cable running down the right fork.  Cover the hole with a plug from the hardware store.  Then remove the odo itself from behind the headlight mask.

Might try greasing the cable and making sure both upper and lower connections are screwed in all the way before throwing it out.

Edited by dukesilver

I already have the Vapor setup. I just want to convert my front wheel to a setup like the CRF250R has. Is there something that allows you to remove the distance sending unit?

I already have the Vapor setup. I just want to convert my front wheel to a setup like the CRF250R has. Is there something that allows you to remove the distance sending unit?

You can remove it and replace it with an aftermarket part that fills the gap and just acts like a spacer.  I wish i could tell you who made it but that has been a while ago.  I think CRFs only or XRs only.