Extra Dowel Pin

I am finishing up the engine on the bench when i flip the engine on its side and notice a dowel pin sitting there... thats not good... here is a picture, if anybody could tell me they think they know where it goes please do! Its a 2007 cr125! It has a ring of no wear in the middle but scratches an rubbing on the two outsides.

image.jpeg

image (2).jpeg

image (1).jpeg

I am finishing up the engine on the bench when i flip the engine on its side and notice a dowel pin sitting there... thats not good... here is a picture, if anybody could tell me they think they know where it goes please do! Its a 2007 cr125! It has a ring of no wear in the middle but scratches an rubbing on the two outsides.

oh and an 8mm headed bolt can fit through perfectly its an exact fit but i cant find where it goes

Double check your Manuel but I'll bet it seats into the bottom of your cylinder where it bolts to the bottom end of the motor. Mine is a '00 250 and I have two that only goes on the left side mounts. Right side didn't call for themImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399430650.355963.jpg

In this pic, mine seated into the right side bolt hole mounts

Double check your Manuel but I'll bet it seats into the bottom of your cylinder where it bolts to the bottom end of the motor. Mine is a '00 250 and I have two that only goes on the left side mounts. Right side didn't call for themattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1399430650.355963.jpg

In this pic, mine seated into the right side bolt hole mounts

thanks man but this dowel pin dosnt seem to have a big enough for the middle of it to fit around the cr 125's studs but ill try it tomorrow! thanks again!

Looks like its for the engine case

Yeap. On either side of the engine case there's one, or it could be for the water pump cover

Locator dowel for the inner clutch cover.

Looks like its for the engine case

I'm positive it's not for the cases. I split them and put it back together myself and there is only 2 and they are bigger maybe even twice the size.

Locator dowel for the inner clutch cover.

very very possible thanks! Could you be more specific on where this pin goes? Inner clutch cover? Pressure plate you mean?

Yeap. On either side of the engine case there's one, or it could be for the water pump cover

I'm positive it's not a case dowel

and the water pump dowels are all in, good call though Edited by ljohnllc

RMATV parts has measurements listed . Case dowel at 12x20 MM cylinder at 10x16 water pump 8X14 .get the measurements and start looking

The dowel pin is an 8x16.... Its weird i cant find it! is it really needed for engine operation? ive checked the most important places and not so important and looked through the manual and found nothing! I checked the clutch, water pump, crankcase, side cover, cylinder and cylinder head. do i really need this dowel pin?

The dowel pins keep all the internal rotating part in alignment. Some are more critical than others but they are all very important. There are two 8x14 pins in the water pump and two 8x14 pins in the right case cover . I skimmed over all engine parts in microfiche and dont see any 8x16 .

Edited by mec500